Author Topic: Big problem with Avast.  (Read 5180 times)

batmanbeyon

Big problem with Avast.
« on: July 12, 2004, 10:18:19 AM »
i downloaded and then intalled and then reboted and after that everytimed i try to open a file i get this ( this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create and associatin in the folder options control paner) and so the only way i can open anything is by right clicking and click on (run as) the i get this option to open it with the current account or the main account and i canot open anything in the control panel so i ran the program to remove avast and i'm still having the same problem help me please.

whocares

Re:Big problem with Avast.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 11:09:56 AM »
Hi,

- what virus did avast find/delete on the first scan ?
- please read "VirusRemoval" below, try the avast CLEANER or come back with more info.. ;)

batmanbeyon

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 11:27:21 AM »
it didn't find anything

batmanbeyon

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 12:43:49 PM »
i downloaded the pro version and and restarted my comp and it found something called (win32:Trojan-Gen) any help?

whocares

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 12:51:37 PM »
it didn't find anything

do you mean the "Cleaner", or avast itself on it's first scan ?
please be more detailed, otherwise it's difficult to help..

i downloaded the pro version and and restarted my comp and it found something called (win32:Trojan-Gen) any help?

Where exactly was this found (Path/folder/filename) ?

can you open any  .EXE-files by double-clicking them in Explorer or "My Computer"  ?

- please read "VirusRemoval" below & try the avast CLEANER
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 12:55:10 PM by whocares »

batmanbeyon

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 08:32:36 PM »
oh sorry about that it was found on the first scan i can't remember the file path or folder all i remember was (win32:trojan-gen) and i can't open EXE-files by double-clicking them in Explorer or "My Computer" or any file for that matter the only way i can open some files is by doing that right click thing but i can't open anything in the control panel or some files in my c drive.

neal62

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 09:10:02 AM »
What version of Windows are you using? Some of us here may need to have more information than you have provided to be able to help you.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 09:57:10 AM »
Try to download avast! Virus Cleaner and run it "somehow". If you can't start exe files, try to rename it to .com, .bat, (or .cmd for Windows NT/2000/XP). If you succeed to start it, it should fix the corrupted associations.