Author Topic: boot time scan corrupted archive  (Read 9630 times)

johny1g

boot time scan corrupted archive
« on: April 21, 2010, 02:51:50 AM »
Hi All,
I need some help regarding boot time scan using Avast5 free antivirus which took about 5 hours to do approx 100gb, don't know if this usual or too long?

04/18/2010 20:31
Scan of all local drives

File C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\Active\{471EB7DF-D4B2-11DE-B55E-0016766F39F3}.dat|>TL0 Error 42144 {OLE archive is corrupted.}
File C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\Packages\QuickTime.msi|>QuickTime.cab|>QuickTimePlayer.exe Error 42127 {CAB archive is corrupted.}
File C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\Packages\QuickTime.msi|>QuickTime.cab Error 42144 {OLE archive is corrupted.}
Number of searched folders: 13715
Number of tested files: 1766264
Number of infected files: 0

Result showed  3 corrupted files, so uninstalled Quicktime and made sure corrupted file was deleted then reinstalled, but  haven't been able to do scan again yet to check if fixed Quicktime corruption. Problem finding information about IE recovery (plenty about Last active but nothing about active)file that is corrupted and wanted to know where I should look for info on this. Otherwise can this IE file be repaired, deleted or reinstalled, any help would be much appreciated. 
Thanks
John G

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: boot time scan corrupted archive
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:56:01 AM »
I won't worry that much about this. Seems that unpackers of avast are detecting some problem (not necessarily a hard error).
Maybe it's just the installer of QuickTime, maybe just updating Apple software...
The best things in life are free.

johny1g

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 05:28:18 AM »
Main reason for finding out if possible how to fix this file is that I updated from Zone Alarm Free to Pro and I've had major problems with free gb on drive going up & down & all system restore points deleting(ZA tech support helping on this). Since I reinstalled Quicktime this problem has stopped and don't know whether the solution.
I've never done boot time scan before and was surprised to find these corrupted files and hopefully when do scan again they are fixed.Before running scan again was hoping to find how to fix other corrupted file,IE Recovery Active,can find info on how to fix Last Active file but not on Active file.

Thanks
John G

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 10:07:37 PM »
johny1g, I won't worry... even more with the IE file...
The best things in life are free.