Author Topic: avast 5 home edition . trouble shooting in activation . I can't activatye it an  (Read 2497 times)

roody

I didn't have any problems with my 4.8 edition , but when it  expired yesterday , I deleted it and got the avast 5 home edition .
When I try to repair it , it says that the avast is unstable . :'(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Try a clean reinstall:
- Download the latest version of avast, 5.0.507 http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 4.8 and 5.0).
  • 1. Now uninstall (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 4.8 if previously installed and then for 5.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security