Author Topic: Windows?  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Yezinki

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Windows?
« on: April 22, 2010, 04:17:23 AM »
Why use Windows & not Mac Snow Leopard.........are windows OSs that great?

Thanks.

Protection:  Avast 12.3 Free, MBAM.

wampy

Re: Windows?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 04:25:46 AM »
Wow, that was informative and productive.  Why would a Mac user even be here?  I thought nothing ever went wrong with them and, since no one uses them, no one has written any viruses for them...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 04:46:51 AM »
Primarily you can't compare these as Apple get a monk on if you run OS X Snow Leopard or any other OS X version on anything other than a Mac system. So it isn't just a case of buying OS X and trying it, you also have to buy the Mac.

There are many arguments for and against both and that one is down to personal preference.

Me, I won't ever buy a Mac as I think they are over priced for what they are when you compare prices of Intel/PC systems, so I guess I will never get to try OS X. Aside from cost, I don't like the restrictive practices of Apple.

Ducks head back below the parapet before .: Mac :. turns up ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Yezinki

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 05:10:15 AM »
Thanks DavidR for expressing your personal thoughts..........it was a question that was in my mind.  ;)

Protection:  Avast 12.3 Free, MBAM.

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 05:28:32 AM »
I have to agree with David, I've worked with Macs and they're good machines, I just can't justify the price. Not only for the machine, but for new software as most of what I use won't work on a Mac.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!