Author Topic: [FIX] Delayed appear partitions when open My Computer (floppy drive problem)  (Read 11031 times)

Hany Mix

HI everybody

- open start > run > devmgmt.msc > click OK

Disable OR uninstall Floppy Disk Drive 

try open My Computer
Sooooo Fast and the Problem is disappear

YoKenny

I don't have a problem with the Floppy Disk Drive on my systems.

Savoir

Disable OR uninstall Floppy Disk Drive  .......

Yeah ....... I have to disable my working hardware because of their faulty software???
The Exclusions list alone should prevent Avast from scanning the floppy disk ......... but it doesn't.
Another fault ???

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:30:30 PM by Savoir »

Hany Mix

I don't have a problem with the Floppy Disk Drive on my systems.

GOOD
but the a lot of ppl have this problem
and i'm one of them

thanks for your post

doktornotor

I don't have any such problem either. In fact, I had this w/ Avira and it went away w/ Avast. So, for everyone here I'd suggest to investigate what's accessing their floppy for no reason, since it doesn't need to be Avast at all that's causing this.

Hany Mix

Yeah ....... I have to disable my working hardware because of their faulty software???
The Exclusions list alone should prevent Avast from scanning the floppy disk ......... but it doesn't.
Another fault ???

A temporary solution until the repair program  :-\
No one uses the Floppy disk now  ;D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:57:53 PM by Hany Mix »

bong2x

No one uses the Floppy disk now

you know i am still using this thing. without any conflict.

but if you can reproduce and post your otl log here we can analyze what program causes this conflict ;)

we are here not because to blame avast

but we are here to investigate and seeking the best solution

Best Regards!!!

Hany Mix

I don't have any such problem either. In fact, I had this w/ Avira and it went away w/ Avast. So, for everyone here I'd suggest to investigate what's accessing their floppy for no reason, since it doesn't need to be Avast at all that's causing this.

before i install avast The problem is there were not
and when i uninstall it problem appear
 - this problem with many avast users

Hany Mix

but if you can reproduce and post your otl log here we can analyze what program causes this conflict ;)

Best Regards!!!

Your words are true  ;)

This does not prevent that avast defects to be repaired
But until that reform must be to live with the program
But avast teamwork  must fix it because it is their problem, not our problem,  ;)
thanks

Savoir

No one uses the Floppy disk now

Best Regards!!!

I'm one of the people that are still using their floppy drive AND I'm also one of those that have my floppy drive accessed everytime I open Explorer\My computer.

I'd love to be able to help resolve this issue and would attempt to post an otl log .... IF I knew what otl log is and how to generate one.

YoKenny

I'd love to be able to help resolve this issue and would attempt to post an otl log .... IF I knew what otl log is and how to generate one.
Make a Download Folder then download OTL.exe to it then run it:
http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe

It will create OTL.Txt

Savoir

Well ...... I ran the OTL utility and it actually created two files
OTL.txt
Extras.txt

Rather than sending two files, I combined the two and put the Extras.txt at the end of the OTL file.
Looking over the reports I'll be darned if I can see anything that would give any indications for this type of activity by Avast but, I'll leave that up to you experts to decide.

Just to clarify the problem ......
I'd been using Avast 4.8 Pro for about 6 months with no problems (Avast Free before that).
I upgraded to Avast 5 a week ago and the problems began:
Slow access to Explorer\My Computer while Avast checks to make sure that there's nothing harmful in my floppy drive (even though I've added my floppy drive to every 'Exclusions' list that I could find).

Avast not only seems to be ignoring the exclusions list but seems intent on wearing out my floppy drive.
Since I do use my floppy on occasion, I find that disabling it is an unacceptable alternative.

Please find 'OTL.txt' attached.

bong2x

@ Savoir

can you install the net framework 3.5 in your system?

your system is heavy but don't have carrier.

it is difficult to run the high level software if you don't have the higher net framework.

::) if your system don't have higher net framework it will halt everytime you open high level software.

don't worry i have that that net framework higher than 3.5 and that's makes my system still run all heavy program :D

Best Regards!!!!

Savoir

bong2x

I have Net Framework 3.5 on my system already ....... see screenshot (attached).
I see by your screenshot that you have ver 4 on your system .... so, I went to Microsoft Update and it wasn't offered to me for some reason or another ..... are you running Windows 7 on your machine ?

your system is heavy but don't have carrier.

If by 'heavy' you mean that I have a lot of software installed ... you're correct.  However, I see no correlation between that fact and Avast scanning my floppy drive every time I open Explorer\My Computer thereby, causing a delay in viewing my folder structure.  
I have no idea of what you mean by 'but don't have carrier'.  Care to explain that?

I've been running this particular setup for quite a while now with most of this same software installed.  No problems were observed until I installed Avast 5.  Care to explain that?

There are a few other posts that are very similar to this one so I'm not the only one concerned about this issue and I don't mean to sound ungrateful for any help offered (I've offered to try to help resolve this issue myself, in any way I can) but it sounds like most respondents are just grasping at straws.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:43:06 AM by Savoir »

bong2x

I have no idea of what you mean by 'but don't have carrier'.  Care to explain that?
i mean the ability to execute any program,
and you must maintain net framework and DirectX
if this two is insufficient, your system sometimes halted.
or redirect to other function.
i said heavy - i mean some program have high hardware requirement
are you running Windows 7 on your machine ?
as of now im running window xp sp3, this machine is new build from junk, P4-1.6GHz, 512 RAM,
AIS 5.0.507-Demo, MBAM Free, SAS Free.

i built this machine to test what other conflict.

i wonder why AIS need flash Player ???

at first this machine have problem like yours, but that time i have only net framework 3.0,
(and i cannot see your net frame work.) sorry i miss read it in your otl.
 i will try to imitate your program here,
if i found some development i will post here.

(I've offered to try to help resolve this issue myself, in any way I can) but it sounds like most respondents are just grasping at straws
;) because this thing is obsolete and maybe they are thinking that nobody use this thing today ;D
but we are here, still use this thing ;D this thing is still important for some people who learn about basic program without using Window ;D ;D ;D

Best Regards!!!