Author Topic: fixed 5.0.507 by fixing outlook and updating to .545 through add/remove  (Read 1904 times)

sector

I thought I'd post I found success so far with Avast 5 free not working. After Avast 4 registration ran out I installed 5 and didn't uninstall 4. Mail shield and web shield wouldn't work then about a week later nothing in Avast would work. I did try a uninstall/reinstall which didn't work.

I've got xp pro sp3. I had a program(spampal) setup for years with outlook that hasn't worked for awhile. I haven't been able to send out with outlook for at least 6 months. I don't use outlook to send out anymore.

Went to add/remove and instead of uninstall/reinstall I chose update. I uninstalled spampal and put the correct info in for email addresses. I turned mail shield back on (I had it off to see if web shield would work) and web shield turned itself on.
I don't know if the newest update helped much but have success for 1 day so far  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Can you try an installation from the scratch as posted here? http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=59659.msg502901#msg502901
The best things in life are free.