Author Topic: Should I be concerned  (Read 2536 times)

happy avast user

Should I be concerned
« on: April 23, 2010, 01:34:06 AM »
Hi all,

I would like to know if I should be concerned or not?

I ask this question because the other day viruses and spyware found their way onto my machine and Avast never detected them, I scanned a USB stick before using it and there was a virus on it.  Usually as soon as I put removable media into my computer Avast scans it and a pop-up comes up and says that threat detected and blocked but on this occasion nothing happened I scanned and virus found no threat or warning messages or sounds came up at all.
I managed to remove the threats by using Superantispyware and Malwarebytes to remove the threats.

I am using avast free 5.0.507, I have Avast set on the following:
Heuristics Sensitivity High, Test whole files and Scan for potentially unwanted programs all these are check (tick) in their boxes.
I have all packers checked (ticked) I have this on all the shields except for the last two.

What should I do bout this small problem I have? I have been using Avast Free Antivirus for some years now and it has protected and served me well.
I have noticed that Avast is making my computer freeze as well and the only way I can unfreeze it is by turning my computer off and restarting it which is really FRUSTRATING especially when in the middle of something.

PLEASE HELP: Thanks in advance.

happy avast user :)

YoKenny

Re: Should I be concerned
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 04:25:19 PM »
Using Vista with only 1GB RAM with an AMD SEMPRON (TM) PROCESSOR 3500+ 1,80 GHZ must be the problem.

Add 1GB RAM and you will notice a big boost in system performance and reliability.

Use Crucial System Scanner tool to find what RAM the system needs then go to a local PC store to buy the RAM:
http://www.crucial.com

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Should I be concerned
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 05:23:29 PM »
and i would trust and use avast default settings