Author Topic: H E L P ! !  (Read 2953 times)

gemofpa

H E L P ! !
« on: July 13, 2004, 12:59:18 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: cagor on Today at 03:26:42pm
Me again - sorry  

I need to do some Windows updates and they suggest turning off my AV while doing so. Can you please tell me which of these options I need to press:

Pause provider
Stop provider
Or stop on access protection & exit

Thanks very much

Well, I did turn it off and now it isn`t turning to show it is working and I am very computer illiterate. I just want to get it running like it is suppose to without my interference. I keep clicking on start Avast! Antivirus and then this radio looking thing wants to run to clean out the viruses which I have 15 of...all`s I want is for it to turn  and turn like it did before to show it is working..  AsaI sit here I am getting more trojans and viruses, also Avast can`t repair some of them, it keeps saying access denied!...  H E L P ! !  

techie101

Re:H E L P ! !
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 01:02:35 AM »
No problem at all.

Right click on the A ball in the tray and open up the On Access Protection.
On the left side, find the Standard Shield icon and click on it.  When the box opens, you will see a "start" button.

Click on it and you should be ok.

or you can simply reboot.

The funny radio looking thing is the Avast User Interface which controls the scanning and configuration settings.

I assume that you were talking about the A ball in the tray having a line through it.

Rebooting will start everything up again...no matter what you shut down.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 01:04:54 AM by Techie101 »

gemofpa

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 01:32:23 AM »
 ;D...Thank You VERY much... ;)
Now I`m off to get my zone alarm fire wall in.... :-[
 ???I don`t know how I`ll get rid of the viruses :'( I already have but thanks :D to you folks at least I am protected now. from getting to many others.... ???
Thank you for this service, as a wife to a retiree and being on a set income, this is much appreciated. :-*

neal62

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 08:42:27 AM »
There are some very helpful and knowledgable members here that are more than glad to help. Hope you get things back to normal. :)