Author Topic: Avast Home edition  (Read 3714 times)

Ghanss

Avast Home edition
« on: July 13, 2004, 04:44:51 PM »
After installing Avast on my system,for one week now,my system won't shut down.
I don't know how to say it in English,but wen I am won't to close windows my system won't shut down. ???

Sometimes after installing a new programm I must restart my computer,it doesn't work.
I must push on the reset[b][/b] button.
And wen I must close the system,i push the on/off button.
This is not normal,

So,maybe is there anywone who had the same problem and can help me out.Thank you.

Greetzzzzzzz Ghanss  ;)

P.S. my system operates under Windows 98.

lee16

Re:Avast Home edition
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 04:56:06 PM »
I had this problem before on my Compaq Deskpro, it would get as far as "windows is shutting down", and that was it, but i didn't even no what avast! was back then, i doubt it is because of avast! though, well not directly anyway, well to cut a long story short, im pritty sure i had to reformat my pc, but i can't be sure.

Basicly the weakest part of Microsoft Operating Systems is the fact that dlls are so easily replaced. They should be protected and Microsoft should not allow anyone to write the dlls. Because Microsoft is using Public Domain DLLs they probably cannot restrict them. Adding new devices or software often bring up the dialogue box "An older version of this file is being installed...." at this point you should always chose save the original (newer) file.

--lee

« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 04:59:28 PM by lee16 »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 05:00:43 PM »
Its due to Windows 98 Random Error Generating Edition :P
Its even worse with WinMe. Install Windows again over current ones (start setup in windows). This usually fix many problems.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

lee16

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 05:06:08 PM »
Install Windows again over current ones (start setup in windows). This usually fix many problems.

I can't belive i forgot that, but yes that would be a better idea then reformating.

--lee

Ghanss

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 05:08:11 PM »
 :-\
I can try this,thank you Rezjor.

;) Ghanss