Author Topic: Calling all experts...  (Read 3826 times)

Savannah22

Calling all experts...
« on: April 24, 2010, 10:44:51 PM »
I like to do those surveys on receipts which give you a chance at winning something if you fill out the survey. I always Google the website, but thought I should use the address bar instead. I.E wouldn't let me. There's no connection problem; SSl & TLS are enabled. What is the problem? Does it really matter how I do this ?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Calling all experts...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 01:11:36 AM »
I like to do those surveys on receipts which give you a chance at winning something if you fill out the survey. I always Google the website, but thought I should use the address bar instead. I.E wouldn't let me. There's no connection problem; SSl & TLS are enabled. What is the problem? Does it really matter how I do this ?

So what's your question related to avast..??
Btw, you will never win anything, filling out these surveys. ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ardvark

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 05:07:36 AM »

Hi...

What message or error did IE give you when you tried accessing the site through the address bar? Is the problem duplicated on another browser such as Opera? What is your operating system (Windows XP, Vista or 7) and version of IE (6,7 or 8 ) and the site in question? Please give the general name of the site, not the exact web address. :)

Regards... :)

Daris

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 07:46:39 AM »
Maybe your Avast is Blocking U from Going on that page cause of a Virus or Trojan..check if your settings in Avast "Web Shield" in "Actions" are set to "abort your Connection"  if U visit a malicious site....I wish I had more info though...I'm just Guessing it aborts your connection..

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 08:21:17 AM »
Sorry to say but most of those surveys are scams. My Wife use to do those and all she ever got was a mail box full of spam.

O/T  Hey ardvark, Long time no see. Glad to see your still around here.  :) 
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

ardvark

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 08:48:35 AM »
O/T  Hey ardvark, Long time no see. Glad to see your still around here.  :) 

Hi Marc...

Thank you! Yeah, I still peruse through the forums. There is still a lot of good information to be found here. :)

I hope everything is going ok for you! 8)

Best Regards...