Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 2264 times)

Brit

Thank you
« on: April 28, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »
 :)Thank you so much for all who had the patience to offer help because of Avast which had quite auto updating with 4.8 about 2 wks ago.  I thought dl'ding the new version would solve the problem and it would have, had I known how to properly adjust the settings.
As I had suspected the problem was there and finally one tech helped by suggestions those adjustments instead of the numerous uninstall and reinstall suggestions which I had done at least 5 times and in safe mode and using the Uninstall utility. I am very grateful but all those repeated suggestions to keep rebooting and to uninstalling were a complete waste of time.
 The program acted like it was going to install, but then froze and all else appeared to be working. Just to let you know in case anyone else has the same problem due to not understanding enough about the choices plus comp.
I changed 2 settings and one was where I unchecked both the on line always and the dial up. Initially I felt like I had to choose one showing a connection but that issue was never addressed. Secondly, I had to change the connection under the proxy settings to direct connection rather than auto connect instead of IE. Now unless it was just a fluke it should be working as to my surprise after changing these settings yesterday this morning I was so happy to see that window pop up saying it had updated.
Maybe I am the only dummy out here with such simple fix but in case not I hope this saves someone else time and annoyance by having to manually dl.
 Again, thank you so much. Even though the issue wasn't solved here it was a help to know someone was trying to help. Thank you, Brit

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 09:57:21 AM »
You're welcome..! :)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0