Author Topic: I find different....  (Read 4696 times)

Alchimista

I find different....
« on: July 13, 2004, 03:12:43 PM »
Hello, I find different viruses that Avast! Home don't detect, can I send to the Avast Laboratory? But Avast Home protect from the Download.ject viruses? (this is a script virus and avast home don't contain script protection)
Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 03:13:41 PM by Alchimista »

lee16

Re:I find different....
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 03:41:25 PM »
Hello, I find different viruses that Avast! Home don't detect, can I send to the Avast Laboratory?

Yes, open Avast and click menu, select virus chest, then click on user files on the left side, in the toolbar click file and then add, browse to your suspected file, highight it and press open, it should then be in the chest, then right click the file while it is in the chest and select "email to alwil software", it then should explain what to do from there.

But Avast Home protect from the Download.ject viruses? (this is a script virus and avast home don't contain script protection)

You could always download the 60 day free trial or buy Avast! pro here > http://www.avast.com/eng/purchase/desktop_software/index.html <

--lee
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 03:43:25 PM by lee16 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 05:25:28 PM »
Hello, I find different viruses that Avast! Home don't detect, can I send to the Avast Laboratory? But Avast Home protect from the Download.ject viruses? (this is a script virus and avast home don't contain script protection)
Thanks.

I use a freeware program called Script Defender from AnalogX this should give you a level of protection against scripts and can be used in conjunctiont to avast 4 home.

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 08:51:55 PM »
See 'Links' on my signature for others script blockers.
David is right again (I have write this a lot today  ;D). Analog Script Blocker works very good with avast.

You can send virus for analysis to: virus(at)avast.com
Please, zip the files with password, send them and inform the password into the email body. Thanks.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

lee16

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 08:55:18 PM »
Is the script blocker in avast! pro sufficient enough, or should i use another script blocker aswell?.

lol, i am noticing latley just how many questions im asking.

--lee

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 09:46:36 PM »
Yeah, Lee the Questioner  ;D
I think it would be enough the avast! Script blocker.
Anyway, you can use the freeware ones besides avast (no conflict)!
The best things in life are free.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 09:50:44 PM »
No,don't understand this wrong. avast! Home Edition DOES protect you from script viruses! It doesn't protect you from script URL's if you want to put it that way. avast! Home and pro both block script viruses (VBS,WSH),but only Pro blocks script URL commands in browsers.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog