Author Topic: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [NOW 5.0.542] ***  (Read 66317 times)

mdubin

Re: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [5.0.533] ***
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 09:30:31 PM »
Still getting Error 267 which PK is aware of.
The fix should be present in one of the upcoming VPS updates, it was not included in this program update.

Yes, PK, it was in one of today's VPS updates. I just did a Files and Folders scan on c:\windows and stopped the scan after ten seconds. The Error 267 was finally gone! Thanks for the great support!

orientfan

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 10:37:19 PM »
Removed 507 completely, rebooted and installed 533. Now the Mail Shield refuses to start. Clicking on 'Start' in the UI does nothing. If I try and start the service manually in services.msc it fails to start. Event viewer says:

The aswRdr service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

aswRdr.sys exists in c:\windows\system32\drivers.

Tried uninstalling, rebooting, running the standalone removal tool, rebooting and reinstalling but have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Seems an uninstall, clean with the Avast removal tool, reboot in safe mode, then remove c:\program files\alwil, another reboot and reinstall has fixed this problem.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2010, 10:51:48 PM »
AIS firewall: I had trouble installing an adobe air application because apparently the firewall was blocking Akamai...I had to deactivate the firewall briefly to achieve the operation (the blocking of Akamai was logged in AIS)

Can you post what was logged?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:59:14 PM by lukor »

Hermite15

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2010, 11:19:25 PM »
AIS firewall: I had trouble installing an adobe air application because apparently the firewall was blocking Akamai...I had to deactivate the firewall briefly to achieve the operation (the blocking of Akamai was logged in AIS)

the IP that was blocked then was 92.123.84.25 (remote port 443)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2010, 11:48:39 PM »
Oh, and they forgot to translate a line.

Greetz, Red.
It happens in other languages also. We did not receive the translation package.
The best things in life are free.

baudav

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2010, 05:57:40 AM »
better than previous release  ;D
two day with utorrent, ftps and vmware server...(just 2 day installed)
perhaps it's work  :P  seed seed seed and see  ;D

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2010, 12:09:26 PM »

application column empty? local port empty? local address empty?

edit:

Logos, I am afraid I can not help you from the description you have given. Avast by default definitely does not block akamai IP range. So if there is a problem there might be some bug which depends on your configuration - by which I mean config.xml and rules.xml files. Also, the more details about the log you specify, the more possible it is that we will guess which component is giving you the trouble.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 12:15:29 PM by lukor »

Hermite15

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »

application column empty? local port empty? local address empty?

edit:

Logos, I am afraid I can not help you from the description you have given. Avast by default definitely does not block akamai IP range. So if there is a problem there might be some bug which depends on your configuration - by which I mean config.xml and rules.xml files. Also, the more details about the log you specify, the more possible it is that we will guess which component is giving you the trouble.

local address was obviously my internal IP, local port in the high range (above 60000), no application specified... I just guessed from the log entry and the system behavior that akamai was really blocked. This said the log is still crowded with tens and tens of entries about supposed to be blocked connections. This has been happening constantly in a recent past and I already transmitted my log files to you through mail not long ago. The situation isn't different now, and I read on the forums that others were having the same mess in the log. But okay, I'm sending you the files you requested through mail.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 12:42:55 PM by Logos »

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2010, 04:24:24 PM »
Yeah, I agree with Logos. The firewall log bug is very irritating :-\

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Hermite15

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2010, 05:25:29 PM »
Yeah, I agree with Logos. The firewall log bug is very irritating :-\

Greetz, Red.

thanks for re-mentioning it too ;) this bug has been reported a while ago and was never really acknowledged by Avast.

wai0820

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2010, 06:08:26 PM »
when alt button is pressed and released, button's tooltip shown. But it won't off when mouse click on interface, or minimize to tray icon and maximize it back.

Some other application like Microsoft Office, tooltip will off for those cases. Is this by design?

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2010, 08:59:58 PM »
Rednose, Logos, sorry to admit, but I am still not able to find the cause for it. I would like to acknowledge and fix it, but don't know why it is happening.

L.

ltsnow

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2010, 09:41:43 PM »
Just installed over 507 free version and it's still working like a dream.

Hermite15

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2010, 10:01:57 PM »
Rednose, Logos, sorry to admit, but I am still not able to find the cause for it. I would like to acknowledge and fix it, but don't know why it is happening.

L.

ok no problem ;) but do you see it too on your system? (edit: don't know what I was thinking of ::) if you can't acknowledge it you've most likely never seen it happen )
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:15:37 PM by Logos »

tolios

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2010, 10:48:54 PM »
i want to ask something i had avast pro 4.8.1368.i also have firefox 3.6.3 with download status bar add-on ,this add-on have the choice to select the anti virus to scan when we want to download an object, i put there ashQuick.exe works perfect in version 4.8.1368 and i see furthermore the results in the explorer window.i do all the same things at avast 5 IS and ashQuick.exe doen't work at all can you tell me why?or i must return to avast 4.8.