Author Topic: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [NOW 5.0.542] ***  (Read 66360 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [5.0.533] ***
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2010, 11:34:07 PM »
i want to ask something i had avast pro 4.8.1368.i also have firefox 3.6.3 with download status bar add-on ,this add-on have the choice to select the anti virus to scan when we want to download an object, i put there ashQuick.exe works perfect in version 4.8.1368 and i see furthermore the results in the explorer window.i do all the same things at avast 5 IS and ashQuick.exe doen't work at all can you tell me why?or i must return to avast 4.8.

Please don't ask the same question in multiple locations.

I have answered your other post http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=58539.msg500028#msg500028.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:36:08 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Hermite15

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2010, 12:19:12 AM »
AIS spam filter >>> I don't think I ever asked the question, I just mentioned the fact: why isn't this spam filter able to move spam mails to the account junk folder in Thunderbird, like it apparently is able to do in Outlook ??? ...making it btw completely useless in Thunderbird, but again, why ? thanks ;)

edit: or even just move it to an avast!junk folder in thb like in outlook, if using the account spam folder isn't doable...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:52:49 AM by Logos »

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2010, 12:50:25 AM »
Rednose, Logos, sorry to admit, but I am still not able to find the cause for it. I would like to acknowledge and fix it, but don't know why it is happening.

L.

Lukas,

I think I can speak for Logos too, if I ask you if there is any way we can help you ???

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Hermite15

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2010, 01:06:20 AM »
Rednose, Logos, sorry to admit, but I am still not able to find the cause for it. I would like to acknowledge and fix it, but don't know why it is happening.

L.

Lukas,

I think I can speak for Logos too, if I ask you if there is any way we can help you ???

Greetz, Red.

you can send your files too >>> rules.xml and config.xml found here:
C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5\fw\

send them via mail to Lukor ;)

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2010, 05:12:17 AM »
Yeah, I will do that tomorrow. It's pretty late here already ;)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

SafeSurf

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2010, 07:09:30 AM »
I did a clean install of build 533 and encountered some errors:

1.  Downloaded cleanly, but thought it was a trial version only despite putting in a valid Key.

2.  Would not let me update definitions because it thought I did not have a valid key.

Uninstalled and installed build 507.  Then upgraded to 533 without problems other than having difficulty upgrading definitions, which I understand everyone is trying to do so things are a bit busy.  Able to use all scanners fine. 

Avast needs to fix the bug for a clean install of 533.  Upgrading works fine.  Nice job :-)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2010, 08:10:57 AM »
I did a clean install of build 533 and encountered some errors:

1.  Downloaded cleanly, but thought it was a trial version only despite putting in a valid Key.

2.  Would not let me update definitions because it thought I did not have a valid key.

What KEY? An avast v4.8 key? Or a v5 license file?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2010, 08:12:43 AM »
AIS spam filter >>> I don't think I ever asked the question, I just mentioned the fact: why isn't this spam filter able to move spam mails to the account junk folder in Thunderbird, like it apparently is able to do in Outlook ??? ...making it btw completely useless in Thunderbird, but again, why ? thanks ;)

edit: or even just move it to an avast!junk folder in thb like in outlook, if using the account spam folder isn't doable...

1. this is because there's a special plugin for Outlook that's doing this. It is impossible to do it at protocol level (where most of the Mail Shield / Antispam scanning is taking place)

2. why would it be completely useless? You just have to create a rule in TB to move all emails with the subject tag to your folder of choice.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Hermite15

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2010, 11:13:18 AM »
2. why would it be completely useless? You just have to create a rule in TB to move all emails with the subject tag to your folder of choice.

that's a cool and simple idea and I really shame myself for not having thought about it  :-[ , especially considering I've been "playing" with filters in Thunderbird during the last few days  ::) I deactivated AIS spam filter a while ago and didn't look back really. Okay Vlk, thanks for posting that obvious tip ;)
 This said, I still have a problem with that, once a mail has been marked as spam by Avast, and it was a mistake, there's no way to undo that, i.e. undo what's been added to the subject line of the mail. When that happened here a while ago, I found that the only way out was to re-download the mail (this now tagged subject line doesn't synchronize itself in IMAP fortunately). Is there another way to un-tag if needed, directly in the client?

edit: filtering with the Avast subject tag doesn't work :'( ... the avast spam tag is seen in the subject line when opening a mail marked as such, it does appear in the message source, but it doesn't appear in the mail entry subject line in the list of mails, explaining why the tag doesn't synch in IMAP probably (in the Gmail interface, the message source doesn't synch either obviously). The Avast spam tag must be added after the mail has been received by the client...and anyway, even running the filter manually after that doesn't work.

edit: just for info, moving a mail marked as spam by avast to a local folder, then back to the imap folder where it came from, then rebuilding the index if that imap folder let the avast spam tag appear in the subject line in the mail list too, and then the filter works, but in these conditions ;D

edit: the avast spam tag seems to be added only at local level, just like the mail shield inserted note that never synches either in IMAP.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:05:26 PM by Logos »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2010, 03:44:20 PM »
edit: the avast spam tag seems to be added only at local level, just like the mail shield inserted note that never synches either in IMAP.

Sure, where else should it be added..?? ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

scjr

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2010, 03:59:30 PM »
Upgraded to 5.0.533 free on Win 7 ultimate 32-bit without a hitch. Everything working great.

I can now turn on intelligent web scanning without a decrease of performance and internet speed! Thank you so much Alwil! :)

All the best,

scjr

Hermite15

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »

Sure, where else should it be added..?? ;)
asyn

I think you misunderstood, it's restricted to local storage >>> once inserted, the tag doesn't synch with other email clients in IMAP mode; no big deal, except this also means that even for the client where it was inserted, it doesn't really exist >>> mail list entries remain untouched and local filters don't see the tag.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 05:14:25 PM by Logos »

mokkaman

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2010, 05:04:42 PM »
When avast does an automatic update, when we open avast use inteface and go to update tab no progress is displayed there(update tab and auto updating are not in sync)..
Better to display the update progress even during auto update when we open the update tab and have proper synchro b/w those two...
and an option to schedule updates at particular time would be very useful.

i hope im posting in the proper thread,if not pls redirect me :D

Offline RedFan

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2010, 05:15:38 PM »
Updated 507 -> to 533 with link is first post (free AV), no issuses so far  :)
Intel® i3 Quad-Core @4,3 GHZ. RAM: 16GB ddr4 || SSD 500 GB || Windows 11 Home x64 || Chromium user.

www.rme.es.tl

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2010, 09:10:27 PM »
Avast team read this please: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=59173.0
 ;)