Author Topic: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [NOW 5.0.542] ***  (Read 66358 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [5.0.533] ***
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2010, 09:54:03 PM »
I think you misunderstood, it's restricted to local storage >>> once inserted, the tag doesn't synch with other email clients in IMAP mode; no big deal, except this also means that even for the client where it was inserted, it doesn't really exist >>> mail list entries remain untouched and local filters don't see the tag.

I did understand, but that's why i don't use IMAP at all...
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

xqrzd

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2010, 10:14:20 PM »
Improvements in the Behavior Shield (realtime antirootkit part)
Could it be improved more? I just tested the latest beta with TDL3, avast didn't give any warnings about the rootkit installation, TDL3 installed with ease.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [NOW 5.0.542] ***
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2010, 12:15:06 AM »
Updated to 5.0.542.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

piennepi

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2010, 12:27:45 AM »
nice to try :) thanks

Hermite15

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2010, 12:46:39 AM »
I think you misunderstood, it's restricted to local storage >>> once inserted, the tag doesn't synch with other email clients in IMAP mode; no big deal, except this also means that even for the client where it was inserted, it doesn't really exist >>> mail list entries remain untouched and local filters don't see the tag.

I did understand, but that's why i don't use IMAP at all...
asyn

you don't use IMAP because of that ??? ...or of what exactly ???

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2010, 12:58:40 AM »
Updated to 5.0.542, but in " Process Virtualization - Expert Settings - Internet Access " the radio buttons are not fixed. For reference see Logos post :

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=59223.msg499693#msg499693

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Hermite15

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2010, 12:59:28 AM »
new option in virtualization (542): only one out of three settings active for internet access :) (like in 533) >>> restricted permissions (screen shot). Funny as I can still access the internet with tweetdeck virtualized. Other settings still not available (allow all, allow none). May be there's just a UI atm...
 Another thing, I can't get rid of a process appearing in the virtualization list ::) (audiodg.exe). Was probably depending on another main process being virtualized but this one seems sticky ;D >>> it's still there when I got nothing running virtualized (I stopped it from task manager).

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2010, 01:04:30 AM »
Well, I checked again, but that option isn't working for me :-\ With me it is fixed on " Allow all ". But I think you are right that it is a GUI problem.

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 01:17:08 AM by Rednose »

cadremis

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2010, 01:15:18 AM »
Pre'release build 5.0.542 updated from 5.0.533 with no problems and working just fine here with me!

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2010, 01:24:02 AM »
@Logos + Rednose,

only one out of three settings active for internet access Smiley (like in 533) >>> restricted permissions (screen shot). Funny as I can still access the internet with tweetdeck virtualized. Other settings still not available (allow all, allow none). May be there's just a UI atm...

uhh, could you please rephrase that, please? I'm not sure if you complain to GUI or to internet access restrictions functionality. Here I can set all three radio buttons and if I click OK, the settings is saved and my virtualized browsers reflect the changes.

as for audiodg.exe -- this is a compatibility issue, in fact, this process is really executed from web browsers and it's still running even you exit your web browser... I'll try to fix it...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 01:28:21 AM by pk »

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2010, 01:31:49 AM »
Petr :)

With me the radio buttons are not working as they didn't in 5.0.533, by default " Allow all " is selected and fixed.

Greetz, Red.

acuariano

« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2010, 05:36:38 AM »
using the free version,it feels like this new version is taking  a little more memory.
previous version fells lighter.

ace11

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2010, 07:18:47 AM »
what about the flooding of the FW log with endless blocked connection entries ??

Hermite15

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2010, 10:00:26 AM »
@Logos + Rednose,

only one out of three settings active for internet access Smiley (like in 533) >>> restricted permissions (screen shot). Funny as I can still access the internet with tweetdeck virtualized. Other settings still not available (allow all, allow none). May be there's just a UI atm...

uhh, could you please rephrase that, please? I'm not sure if you complain to GUI or to internet access restrictions functionality. Here I can set all three radio buttons and if I click OK, the settings is saved and my virtualized browsers reflect the changes.

as for audiodg.exe -- this is a compatibility issue, in fact, this process is really executed from web browsers and it's still running even you exit your web browser... I'll try to fix it...

1 just checked again, that's a UI bug, you can activate them by clicking on the text lines, not on the radio buttons
2 audiodg.exe starts with Windows here. It's running constantly it seems, it runs already before I launch any web browser for the first time in a Windows session...

Hermite15

« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2010, 10:33:57 AM »
attempt to filter Avast marked spam mails in Thunderbird failure (making the anti-spam feature still unusable)
no feedback ???
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=59223.msg500153#msg500153

I mean guys, it's not like a majority is using Outlook, and software like Spamihilator (okay a full featured anti-spam proxy) can interfere at POP/IMAP level ::)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:37:25 AM by Logos »