Author Topic: favs  (Read 9674 times)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: favs
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 03:58:52 PM »
No, it was fixed in avast's source code and it'll be included in next update.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 04:02:31 PM »
ok thanks,appreciate the help.ill be looking forward to the next update.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 03:53:42 AM »
was this issue fixed yet because in 5.0.462 i still had the problem?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 10:53:11 AM »
Yes, it was fixed in 492. If I remember right, the problem was with invalid NTFS streams name handling.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
good to hear thanks pk

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 10:51:11 PM »
pk im using the prerelease 5.0.533 build of ais and the favs thing is happening again on both vista 32  and win 7 64 bit systems?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 12:58:54 AM »
bri, I wasn't able to simulate this problem again (Win7 + IE8/FF). The previous bug was caused by invalid NTFS streams filename parsing so I'm quite surprised you still have this problem... Do you get the same popup error as you mentioned in the first posts?

To simulate the problem, I tried: - create some favs (in IE8/FF), run sandboxed IE8/FF, open those favs, open them in new tabs, create new favs; all worked ok, they haven't been corrupted; should be these tests enough to notice the problem? I'll try that tomorrow with Vista32.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 01:30:27 AM »
yup the same thing as in first post.the only thing different is i have ie and ff set to always run sandboxed.it doesnt happen all the time,it happened 3 times today on win 64 bit using ie8 and all 3 times i tried to click on avast forum fav in ie?2 times today it happened on vista 32 bit also clicking on avast forum fav in ie8.ive yet to see it on ff but ill keep testing and let ya know.i attached a screenshot showing what the avast forum looks like in my favs(the one i use to click on)and a text showing the link,maybe it'll help
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:44:12 AM by bri »

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 02:14:13 PM »
yup the same thing as in first post.the only thing different is i have ie and ff set to always run sandboxed.it doesnt happen all the time,it happened 3 times today on win 64 bit using ie8 and all 3 times i tried to click on avast forum fav in ie?2 times today it happened on vista 32 bit also clicking on avast forum fav in ie8.ive yet to see it on ff but ill keep testing and let ya know.i attached a screenshot showing what the avast forum looks like in my favs(the one i use to click on)and a text showing the link,maybe it'll help
its kinda weird this time as it is only happening with the avast forum fav and not my other favs.also when i close ie8 and reopen i can use the link once or twice before getting that message(popup).as of now its only happening in ie8 not ff.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 03:37:04 AM »
pk installed ais 5.0.545 and same problem happening on both my computers 64 and 32 bit but only with ie.if it was one of my computers i would say that its something with my computers but both.theres some kind of problem i believe with avast sandbox,rollback and ie since using this config is the only time it happens.hopefully down the line in the future you can investigate this or something.if you need anymore info or whatever let me know,thanks bri