Author Topic: Cant scan with upgrade?  (Read 3009 times)

kev25v6

Cant scan with upgrade?
« on: May 08, 2010, 08:58:52 PM »
Ive just got the latest free upgrade but it does not seem to work right on my computer, might just be me though. If i hover the mouse over the task bar icon it shows as not fully protected but if i open up the main program it shows as fully protected. I tried clicking on full scan but nothing happened so i set a custom scan, hit start and nothing happens to show its scanning either. The boxes are just empty, the only thing i can click on now is create custom scan. Is it just a problem with how it installed? It seems to be so slow now to do anything, clicking through the options takes ages.

kev25v6

Re: Cant scan with upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:26:14 PM »
All sorted now, took three reboots to get it working properly. Got all the options for how/where to scan and its showing fully protected in the task bar. How many MB per second should it run at? Mine is running around 10.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 09:30:49 PM »
1. All sorted now, took three reboots to get it working properly. Got all the options for how/where to scan and its showing fully protected in the task bar.
2. How many MB per second should it run at? Mine is running around 10.

1. Good you're up and running...
2. Depends on your system, no proper answer here. ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Faizfast6

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 04:41:26 PM »
I had a similar problem too, it fixed itself after a re-boot.