Author Topic: I have Avast 4.8, should I install 5?  (Read 2661 times)

Cat38

I have Avast 4.8, should I install 5?
« on: May 11, 2010, 05:11:17 AM »
It's been exactly a year since I first installed Avast 4.8 and I haven't gotten any notices or anything telling me to update to the newest version or to register again. So I'm wondering whether I should uninstall 4.8 and install the newer one or keep the version I have at the current moment. If I do the latter, will my avast still work since it's been a year? Will I have to re-register it? Also, I've been reading that many people are having problems with the newer version not working well or causing problems...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:20:10 AM by Cat38 »

norel

Re: I have Avast 4.8, should I install 5?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:35:38 AM »
I don't think there's a huge rush to upgrade. If I understand correctly you should have until later this year. But 4.8 won't be supported forever and you'll eventually have to upgrade, or switch to something else.

True, some people have had problems but there's also a whole lot of people who haven't. If you wait, there's still no guarantee you won't have problems. If you read something here about a problem someone had and you think it might be a problem for you too the best thing would be to address beforehand; otherwise roll the bones and hope for the best. Software's always a gamble to some extent.  :D

marc-d-l

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 07:42:38 AM »
I use it on both XP and vista no problems. the hard part was the set up when you are  PC inept,but you learn and everything runs smooth as silk.If something goes wrong you can always go back to 4.
Try it you will like it

wwxxz

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 08:46:46 AM »
It's been exactly a year since I first installed Avast 4.8 and I haven't gotten any notices or anything telling me to update to the newest version or to register again. So I'm wondering whether I should uninstall 4.8 and install the newer one or keep the version I have at the current moment. If I do the latter, will my avast still work since it's been a year? Will I have to re-register it? Also, I've been reading that many people are having problems with the newer version not working well or causing problems...
I have installed avast 5 for a month in my office PC, it runs smoothly and it's appearance is wonderful. Why not try it?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 08:49:22 AM by wwxxz »