Author Topic: avast 5 Pro AV licensee question  (Read 2356 times)

jcarpenter

avast 5 Pro AV licensee question
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:46:54 AM »
I just bought a 10 pack x2 of AV licenses for my company, specifying the company as the licensee, and activated it with a fresh installation of avast 5 pro. The subscription information shows my name & email in the "Licensed to:" field, however; not the company name. I see via forum search that this has come up before, tangential to other licensing issues, but I have not found any indication of whether or not that is intended behavior.

The company name does appear in the .avastlic file, so I'm wondering if it is intended that the individual customer name always be displayed as the licensee, or if perhaps the license file was not generated correctly according to the "License to: user/company" option in the ordering process?

quecentric

Re: avast 5 Pro AV licensee question
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 02:47:13 AM »
Hi,

You may want to e-mail sales@avast.com to see if they can generate a new license key. I know when we generate an order (as a reseller) we can specify a contact and company name. The company name is used in the license file if it's provided. It's possible Digital River (who handles the online orders for Avast) doesn't send the company name to the licensing server when the order is processed.

jcarpenter

Re: avast 5 Pro AV licensee question
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 05:26:36 PM »
For future reference: I submitted a Sales-related support ticket, and Avast's staff reissued the license with the correct contact. Thanks!