Author Topic: Pegasus Mail 4.21c protection does not seem to work  (Read 3198 times)

kling

Pegasus Mail 4.21c protection does not seem to work
« on: July 15, 2004, 01:03:54 AM »
Hi, I am new to avast! and use the free version. I followed the instruction with the mail protection wizard (had shut off my Pegasus Mail 4.21c), but somehow It does not seem to work on the email pop3s and smtps. Is there a problem with the wizard with Pegasus Mail 4.21c? What I am doing wrong? In the Mail Internet settings it shows my regular pop3 and smtp accounts. Any help will be appreciated
 :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Pegasus Mail 4.21c protection does not seem to work
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 03:12:03 AM »
Well, it works for me:

Pop3:
Server host name: 127.0.0.1
User name: username#pop.mailservername
TCP/IP port: 110

Smtp:
Server host name: 127.0.0.1
TCP/IP port: 25
Smtp authentication (2nd option): username#smtp.mailservername

You can make some 'tests' but some ISP use different user name for login. For instance, some use username@servername. Maybe you have to use an # instead of @... Only testing because it depends on your ISP authentication.
The best things in life are free.

kling

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 05:04:48 PM »
Thanks Technical for your reply... it works now. I was under the impression that Avast would also do the required changes in the configuration of Pegasus Mail, but it does not. I have an additional question.

I am generally checking two identities, i.e., two different pop3 server. Can avast check both and if yes how do I have to configure avast.ini??

thanks in advance for the help

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 10:15:25 PM »
I am generally checking two identities, i.e., two different pop3 server. Can avast check both and if yes how do I have to configure avast.ini??

No need to change anything there...
Just configure the two accounts like they are just one, the same as posted above...
avast! will scan both identities (accounts in OE). If you use more than one user (identities in OE) it will work the same just like you have only one account  8)
The best things in life are free.