Author Topic: Bug on System configuration Utility?  (Read 4623 times)

Offline -Genesis-

Bug on System configuration Utility?
« on: May 10, 2010, 03:17:12 PM »
I have duplicate on system config utility

C:\progra~1\ALWIL~1\Avast5\avastUI.exe/nogui
C:\progra~1\ALWIL~1\Avast5\avastUI.exe/nogui

This only happens after that update 100509-1.

I just uncheck the other one because if all 2 are check AFTER WINDOWS STARTS THE AVAST GUI WILL AUTOMATICALLY OPEN EVEN NOT CLICKING THE AVAST BALL OR AVAST ON DESKTOP.

Can anyone on ALWIL Team or experts here could explain what is the cause of this???

You can look at my Screenshot.

It has all the info software installed on this server.

BTW! My sandboxie is not set to sandbox avast.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:21:14 PM by chubalz »
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Offline -Genesis-

Re: Bug on System configuration Utility?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 04:47:42 PM »
Vlk and David pass my post?????????????????

Anyone can explain to me what happen to this???

Starting on 5.0.507 and 5.0.545 i have plenty on BUGS!!!!!!!!!

It seems Avast releasing new program version the more bugs i get??????????????

Only Avast installed on this server running Active Protection.
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 05:33:25 PM »
I didn't pass on it as I don't have an answer on why it might happen I'm just an avast user like yourself.

Though I'm sure if you do a forum search (not on System configuration Utility) but something like duplicate avastUI as normally this is what happens on boot the avastUI was displayed, so there were two entries created, one post I believe Vlk responded what it 'might' happen.

You need to check the two entries as one will be for you the user and another may be for system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 05:41:33 PM »
Hi chubalz

I do not think this is any great deal. I have had this occur in msconfig not only with avast but with other programs that are set to start by default at boot up.

I think is only a duplicated record due to an instance set to start automatically when there is already a record from an earlier instance - possibly one (instance) for sys tray and other for (icon on) desktop - doesn't matter which is started, as action is duplicated for both instances anyway.

If you download ccleanerhttp://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/  - (3.23MB)
open Tools in menu column on left-hand side
select Startup - you will be able to delete one of the records
after which the remaining record will start avast for the program functions.

However if you have been having problems after yr updates then this may be indicative that something else on the system may be affecting the good running of avast.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 09:47:06 PM »
You can download CrapCleaner directly from Piriform(the publisher) using this link http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim without the toolbar addon. 1,114KB download.

AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 12:54:58 PM »
Tnx for the info guys.

I have decided to observe this... and dont touch anything..

I dont like messing up the system for this is a server which all my business pass here.

I even limit installing software on this server. Installed only useful.

@David tnx for the response. Im really getting plenty of bugs.  :'(

Im the only one tech here on my business and i maintain my server and all client computer very well...

Im a bit perfectionist person.

But not good as your's David.. Who has plenty of knowledge :)

@mkis.

Ok! as you said its not a great deal... I'll leave as is for now.

I think i wanna pass that ccleaner. As ive said i dont wanna explore this OS which all my business transaction passes here.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 01:23:23 PM by chubalz »

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 02:51:38 PM »
You can download CrapCleaner directly from Piriform(the publisher) using this link http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim without the toolbar addon. 1,114KB download.

@ Gopher John
True. I've taken to adding the MB volume at filehippo when I direct users to the the site, just so they get the right link and dont click on any advertising by mistake. Has happened. I've got so used to going to filehippo now. I haven't been to the Piriform for ages and forgotten completely about slim.  :)

@chubalz
ccleaner does enable you to remove records from config utility. Doesn't hurt if the duplicate remains there disabled anyway. From what I recall the msconfig in the computer had duplicate startup instances of avast, perhaps mbam, and another program perhaps I cannot remember. It was quite a time ago. But was no problem. If you have system that is server through which yr business passes then you should at least be using avast! Pro.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 02:53:09 PM by mkis »
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.