Author Topic: "WelcomB-B"?  (Read 4301 times)

Wayne

"WelcomB-B"?
« on: July 15, 2004, 04:12:38 AM »
 Hello to all!, I am new to the forums and want to thank all in advance for any replies! I just put a new box online and downloaded Avast (version 4.1 Home Edition). On my second scan I was informed that a virii "WelcomB-B" had been found. This virus did not show up on my first scan, and did not show up on Trend Micro HouseCall online scan. The "infected" file is an WinImage self extractor called MSDOS622.exe and was downloaded as part of  an MSDOS 6.22 distribution ( I know...I can hear the laughter already!) I downloaded the distro for experimentation purposes and am wondering if purhaps this could be a false alarm...I cannot find ANY reference to WelcomB-B! Any clues or responses would be welcomed! Thanks!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:"WelcomB-B"?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 09:51:10 AM »
Well, it's hard to say without closer inspection. Would it be possible for you to submit the file to virus@avast.com, with a short description? How big is it?

Wayne

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 06:12:29 PM »
Thanks for the response Igor :), The file is 1.00MB and has the following properties:
company name- 4
internal name- WINIMAGE
original filename- WIMA_SFX.EXE
product version- 6.10.6100

In addition it is copyright Gilles Vollant 1993-2002.

I don't believe that I was infected since I never executed the file...it's just been in storage on my data drive.

Final question! How do I submit a copy to Avast?

Thanks again!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 09:34:10 PM »
Final question! How do I submit a copy to Avast?

By sending it in e-mail to the mentioned address ;) (you may have to disable avast! resident provider temporarily to allow the file to be sent).
Or, you can add the file to Chest and from there (e.g. using a rightclick) select "Send to ALWIL Software".