Author Topic: Swedish User Interface  (Read 3671 times)

robinson

Swedish User Interface
« on: May 11, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »
We'd be glad of any feedback on a comment we've recently received on the Swedish interface. The suggestion is that the text below the heading on the Update screen, which starts "Det är viktigt..." should read as follows:

Det är viktigt att hålla sitt säkerhetsprogram uppdaterat. avast! är förinställt på att uppdatera automatiskt, men du kan även installera uppdateringarna manuellt.

We would be glad of any additional opinions from other Swedish users, whether this should be changed, or whether it's simply a matter of personal preference.

Many thanks!

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: Swedish User Interface
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 07:21:06 PM »
I have worked with the swedish translation, Igor sended me the files. I don't remember the english text (I don't have the files left), but instead of what was suggested to you, I prefer:

Det är viktigt att hålla ditt säkerhetsprogram uppdaterat och avast! är förinställt på att uppdateras automatiskt, men du kan även installera uppdateringarna manuellt.
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

robinson

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 08:51:44 AM »
I have worked with the swedish translation, Igor sended me the files. I don't remember the english text (I don't have the files left), but instead of what was suggested to you, I prefer:

Det är viktigt att hålla ditt säkerhetsprogram uppdaterat och avast! är förinställt på att uppdateras automatiskt, men du kan även installera uppdateringarna manuellt.
Hi Bluesman, and thank you for the suggestion. The feedback we had from the other user concerned the word "Medans" in the sentence "Medans avast! är förinställt på att uppdatera automatiskt så kan du även kontrollera uppdateringarna manuellt".

The original English is "While avast! is pre-set to update automatically, you can also control the updates manually". In this sentence, the word "while" has the same meaning as "Even though..", or "Despite the fact that.."

Is your suggestion still valid, or would you recommend we keep the original wording or suggest something else?

Many thanks again.

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 09:58:35 AM »
Is your suggestion still valid,

Yes, you can use what I wrote in my first post.

robinson

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 01:42:52 PM »
ok, so we will replace:
Det är viktigt att alltid hålla ditt säkerhetsprogram uppdaterat. Medans avast! är förinställt på att uppdatera automatiskt så kan du även kontrollera uppdateringarna manuellt.
with:

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:41:49 PM by robinson »

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »
Can I just check one thing. Originally it was two sentences. Your revised suggestion is just one sentence with the word "och" inserted. Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct.