Author Topic: avast!Antivirus:Attention, your system is not fully protected  (Read 17171 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast!Antivirus:Attention, your system is not fully protected
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 09:51:54 PM »
Come on, it was just a humorous response to the fact that rebooting Windows can fix problems you're having.
Sorry. Got it now ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline havildar

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »
Just to report that I`ve re-started my machine three times now, since my `system is not fully protected` message yesterday.

All have been normal, I mean successful, in the sense that the error message has not re-appeared and now I`m getting `Your system is secured`. Hopefully, yesterday`s problem will be a one-off, though I have a suspicion (based on pure guesswork) that it may have had something (I know not what) to do with Winpatrol Plus verifying my start-up programs and somehow making a mistake. Any thoughts?

Regarding updates: they`re very swift even on my fairly erratic 2Mbps broadband. One thing I`ve noticed, though, is that according to Comodo they`re coming in groups of three. Is this a new policy or just a coincidence?

Many thanks all for your responses.
Windows XP Sp3 Home desktop, Windows 10 Pro laptop, Avast 17.8.2318 Free , Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free), SpywareBlaster. SuperAntispyware, WOT. Firefox Quantum.

Hermite15

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 12:39:52 PM »
as posted here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=59645
updating is impossible right now...

edit: solved after a reboot
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:07:11 PM by Logos »

Offline havildar

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 12:45:50 PM »
Mmm, that`s the reason, then.

I thought it was a bit odd I was getting the same thing over and over again ... I didn`t check the update numbers (file numbers?) though, which clearly I ought to have done.

Thanks Logos. I suppose it`s just a matter of waiting until they put things right?
Windows XP Sp3 Home desktop, Windows 10 Pro laptop, Avast 17.8.2318 Free , Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free), SpywareBlaster. SuperAntispyware, WOT. Firefox Quantum.

YoKenny

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 12:49:04 PM »
@ havildar

No problems here.

Please Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

I do not use Comodo.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:50:45 PM by YoKenny »

Offline havildar

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 12:58:17 PM »
YoKenny,

I don`t think I`m having a problem with Commodo. It`s normal for the firewall to list the updates and ask that you review them before moving to `My safe files`. Damn thing often shows signs of chronic paranoia, but I`m used to it and frankly, I find it useful that it does such checking of what I`m about to install ... hence my reference to the number of update files.

Avast lists my latest (3 file update) as 100512-0 which, I think is the latest one.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 01:06:36 PM »
you find latest listed here  http://www.avast.com/en-eu/virus-update-history-2010

OBS: website is sometimes updated later than the program

Offline havildar

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 01:10:11 PM »
Thanks Pondus.

Very useful. Bookmarked.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 09:35:14 PM »
Good that the reboot worked  :)

nmb