Author Topic: 5.0.545 shield issue?  (Read 19889 times)

sanctuaryforever

Re: 5.0.545 shield issue?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 09:45:37 PM »
I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.

Tried that Tech it worked until I shut down then when I booted back up the issue returned, however after a seperate laptop issue with the safely remove hardware function which forced me to force a power off it suddenly started working on next boot, I will monitor the system for a while before I start celebrating in case the issue returns, thankyou for your suggestions and help

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 11:29:54 PM »
Be sure your computer is clean (run full scanning and possibly with MBAM) also.
The best things in life are free.

sanctuaryforever

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 11:47:13 PM »
Be sure your computer is clean (run full scanning and possibly with MBAM) also.

will do mate and thanks again to all who gave advice you are all a credit to this forum :) ;)

ps wont know till tomorrow whether the issue comes back but fingers crossed it wont

SMACKY

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2010, 05:10:08 AM »
I am having an issue with the Version 5.0.545, it seems to stop running numerous times through out the day, meaning its left unprotected. I have to manually fix the problem, then within a couple hours it stops again. Has anyone had this problem or might know what is causing this ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2010, 11:31:23 PM »
I am having an issue with the Version 5.0.545, it seems to stop running numerous times through out the day, meaning its left unprotected. I have to manually fix the problem, then within a couple hours it stops again. Has anyone had this problem or might know what is causing this ?
It will be good start your own thread as your problem could be unrelated to this one.
Maybe post more about your system: operational system, firewall, other security programs, is it clean (malware-free)?

Cyberlightning

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 04:47:58 AM »
Since program upgrade to v. 5.0.545, Avast FAILS. I reloaded and logged using my debuggers and I see prior to the last upgrade, Avast had consistency. After upgrade, Avast registered its own conflicts within the program and it no longer will function correctly. Officially, I don't see where Avast sees this as a bug, but they are sure to lose customers over this one. Including me. >:( Hopefully they will soon realize they have a problem.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 04:58:15 AM »
What is fails? Which is exactly the problem you're seeing?
I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.

rocktman1

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 09:31:38 PM »
Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then  Signature: and put information about your system just like my signature about your system just like my signature so that the helpers can offer pertinent advice.

I'm new to Avast! & the forum. I know this is off-topic, but I've been looking for the answer as to how add a signature. When I go into "Modify Profile," the only choice I have is "Account Related Settings," which controls email, password, etc. I see the Signature block under Profile, but not any way to add my info. Is there a waiting period?

YoKenny

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 09:38:35 PM »
@ rocktman1

You need 20 or more posts to be able to modify your Profile and this is due to spammers and scammers posting bad stuff.

Be patient and 20 posts will come soon enough.

sanctuaryforever

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »
The issue has returned, can someone from Alwil please help locate this bug because I cant keep reinstalling every few days

ps some other topics featuring similar symptoms, this cant be a coincidence there must be a bug http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60031.0
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 08:16:16 PM by sanctuaryforever »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 08:44:11 PM »
sanctuaryforever, the thread is too long for me to follow since from the beginning.
Can you make a summary?

sanctuaryforever

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 08:51:32 PM »
I have recently updated to the latest version of Avast on Windows xp sp3 and now the web shield module ceases to run, I have tried a repair and also a complete uninstall and reinstall and it still remains has anyone any advice please?

since then I have done a complete removal and reinstall after which it worked for a few days now web shield is failing again, in effect back to square one, yet all other shields are fine any ideas?

could someone notify Alwil members that it could be a bug or at least get them to work with me on a fix, as I love Avast and it normally works fine but I am vulnerable to web threats in this state
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:53:45 PM by sanctuaryforever »

Hermite15

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 08:57:31 PM »
could someone notify Alwil members that it could be a bug or at least get them to work with me on a fix, as I love Avast and it normally works fine but I am vulnerable to web threats in this state

you could do that ;) but not needed, they read the threads.

sanctuaryforever

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 09:02:17 PM »

you could do that ;) but not needed, they read the threads.

if they read the threads is there a way to know they are looking into the issue?

ps any other things I can do to remedy this web shield issue?

please help me
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:30:15 PM by sanctuaryforever »

sanctuaryforever

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2010, 10:31:42 PM »
Please anyone from Alwil team I need help :'(