Author Topic: Globalroot and Win32 trojan horse  (Read 19525 times)

Straagal

Re: Globalroot and Win32 trojan horse
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 11:56:59 PM »
Did it, a window pop up but disappear right away...!?  Like... i did it a few times, trying to click the window before it disappear with no luck  :-[  anyway to slow it down?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 03:52:19 PM »
I think we may have to check the veracity of your files as that appeared to confirm the the relevant file is corrupt or missing

From the Start menu, select Run.
In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow)
Select the OK button.
Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.

Straagal

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 04:18:06 AM »
Did so and the disk was required to replace/copy missing or corrupted files.   :'( Now the computer keeps restarting in a loop, the only way to do anything is to access safe mode.  I'm saving all my files now (wish i had done that earlier...).  I'm seriously thinking of formatting the drive and starting fresh since it seems pretty messed up from my tinkering prior to "meeting" with you, unless the virus/trojan wiped out necessary files.  Anyway, let me know if you think of anything else, before i do the unreversible:)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 08:47:58 PM »
I would recommend a fresh install as the corruption I am seeing may just be the tip of the iceberg

I do have a tutorial here that may assist http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Reformat-Install-Windows-t173729.html

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »
Hi Straagal
You say  'Both computers are via router, the laptop is wireless and the "sick" one by cable...?'
Do you mean that the only problem computer that you have  is the cable (network) computer? And otherwise, network was okay?

May help some for Services entry identified earlier -  Wired AutoConfig (Dot3svc) - Stopped  - if possible, was reset to Automatic and began as such with the whole network. So perhaps, need to adjust configuration utility (msconfig) and maybe router as well, I dunno, but just to sort the Dot3svc issue anyway.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.