Author Topic: Avast 5.1 when will it be released?  (Read 16135 times)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast 5.1 when will it be released?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 03:16:52 PM »
Sorry guys. The current plan is late August / early September, but as always, this is just a plain - not an official release date. Take with a grain of salt.

Thanks
Vlk
So....ermm......that means january 2011..... ;D

williamstam

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 10:00:14 PM »
im fast starting to dislike avast. used to be good... now its asif they just sitting around doing nothing bleh

avast in a corporate setting sucks.. we have a bunch of pc's with windows 7 64bit... some of them got infected... avast couldnt sort out the issue cause it was in memory or something... boot scan woulda fixed it np... but instead... no boot scan... joy..

avast definately needs to get 5.1 out sooner than august.. it cant clear a system without the boot scan... then they dont include it... joy

Gargamel360

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 10:14:14 PM »
Sooner is not always better.  Pointless to rush a release if it could cause more bug problems than it fixes. ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 10:59:10 PM »
im fast starting to dislike avast. used to be good... now its asif they just sitting around doing nothing bleh

avast in a corporate setting sucks.. we have a bunch of pc's with windows 7 64bit... some of them got infected... avast couldnt sort out the issue cause it was in memory or something... boot scan woulda fixed it np... but instead... no boot scan... joy..

avast definately needs to get 5.1 out sooner than august.. it cant clear a system without the boot scan... then they dont include it... joy

Well when avast 5.1 does introduce the boot-time scan for 64bit OSes I believe it will be the only one that has it. avast was the first to introduce the boot-time scan in 32bit OSes (not win9.x or winME). So I don't know what you will move to that has boot-time scanning in a 64bit OS.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 11:20:25 PM »
I could never understand why the people on North Hemisphere uses the seasons to talk to whole world.
Here, is the opposite of the North: when you have summer, we're in winter... and so on.
Why don't you speak on monthly basis?
Actually here in Canada we have 2 seasons with one being Winter and the other known as Construction.

When avast! V5.1 is finished then it will be released for us all to enjoy.
And here we have just Spring and Summer. ;)
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 11:58:22 PM »
Actually here in Canada we have 2 seasons with one being Winter and the other known as Construction.

ROFL LMAO, that is SOOOO true its not even funny. but that def gave me a good laugh. ;D ;D
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

PapaSmurf

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 02:30:46 AM »
Sorry guys. The current plan is late August / early September, but as always, this is just a plain - not an official release date. Take with a grain of salt.

Thanks
Vlk

papasmurf camping out in Vlk's backyard..."Are they giving out wrist bracelets yet?"
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 02:35:47 AM »
some of them got infected... avast couldnt sort out the issue cause it was in memory or something... boot scan woulda fixed it np... but instead... no boot scan... joy.
I think that detection has nothing to do with version 5 or 5.1. Computer shouldn't get infected.
But, talking about cleaning, I agree with you: the boot time scanning does the work better. By the way, other antivirus does not offer boot time scanning (although some of them have CDs).
The best things in life are free.

Saty

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 04:44:59 AM »
I believe Vipre has 64 bit support and boot scan.........not free though

"enhanced support for 64-bit environments, including a 64-bit boot cleaner and 64-bit rootkit scanner"

http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Home-Home-Office/VIPRE/

Sat

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
I can't say much.
Vipre is not tested by http://www.av-comparatives.org/, so it's difficult to me to say how it does perform.
The best things in life are free.

YoKenny

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 02:20:23 PM »
@  Saty

I see VIPRE discused on Malwarebytes foum:
MBAM Protection Module & VIPRE
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=47692

Saty

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »
@ Tech

i dont know much about it either, i was just pointing out that 64 bit boot scan is had on other AV's.

Its kinda funny that earlier  yesterday i had watched a video of it and seen the boot scan kick in due to tons of malware on the test pc.(not 64 bit)

@ YoKenny
thank you for the link, if I remember right, Avast5 and MBAM pro also had some issues awhile back ;)

Sat

YoKenny

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 08:29:40 PM »
@ YoKenny
thank you for the link, if I remember right, Avast5 and MBAM pro also had some issues awhile back ;)

Sat
They did and with the excellent support from AWIL the issue was quickly resolved. 8)

0strodamus

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 09:04:30 PM »
I could never understand why the people on North Hemisphere uses the seasons to talk to whole world.
Here, is the opposite of the North: when you have summer, we're in winter... and so on.
Why don't you speak on monthly basis?
Good point!  :) Looking forward to whatever new advances await in v5.1.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 09:35:38 PM »
So uh, does 5.1 mark the day that the netclients will be introduced to the "5" series of avast too, or is it just for the "home" users?
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum