Author Topic: Unsecured Fix Now  (Read 4736 times)

Nostalgic

Unsecured Fix Now
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:17:11 AM »
Hi there, I updated Avast recently and today I did a boot time scan and when I logged in, it said Fix Now on the sidebar. It asked for permission to start Avast and then a message came up saying something along the lines of a program is trying to shut down the Avast Web Shields and if I want to continue. For some stupid reason I pressed yes to continue because the no button had a note beside it saying select no unless you are intentionally running the program or something along those lines. Should I be worried about anything like a virus trying to shut down my shields? They're running right now but I don't know if a virus or worm was trying to break into my laptop. Help please! =\

DarkRadience

Re: Unsecured Fix Now
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:45:01 AM »
After restarting your computer, do all the shields power back up fully?  If so and everything else checks out, not still asking you to fix now?  Then you should be fine, though not sure what would ask to shut down a shield, you might want to check the logs?

Nostalgic

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 09:50:43 AM »
Well, when I clicked fix it and stupidly pressed yes that I wanted to continue and that I was intentionally letting a program shut them down, it changed to secured and then I restarted my laptop and it said it was secured. The only thing I'm worried about is that I gave permission to that program basically and said I was allowing it to shut down my shields even though I had no knowledge of what program it was. I've checked my scan logs but it doesn't show anything. Sorry, I'm a novice when it comes to these things. Which logs are you talking about and where can I access them? Is there other functions I should be aware of too?

Offline div_dib

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 10:11:25 AM »
Which version of avast is installed in your system? Have you tried boot time scan option?

Nostalgic

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 10:23:37 AM »
I just finished doing a boot time scan again and the version I have right now is 7.0.1407. Everything seems to be working fine now. Still not sure about the program I gave permission to though.

Offline div_dib

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 10:04:33 AM »
I just finished doing a boot time scan again and the version I have right now is 7.0.1407. Everything seems to be working fine now. Still not sure about the program I gave permission to though.

its good if its working