Author Topic: Can you translate avast! into Hindi, Urdu or Pashto?  (Read 49994 times)

robinson

Re: Can you translate avast! into Hindi, Urdu or Pashto?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 12:23:41 PM »
Urdu or Pashto?

Why would any of us feel a need to to contribute translations in Urdu or Pasto,
while users like YoKenny insult us in threads such as this one?

Hello Sayeed
please note that avast does not condone posting threads with inappropriate language or which could otherwize be offensive to other users. The views expressed on this forum are not necessarily the views of avast and on occasion posts are deleted if we feel their content is inappropriate. We have many valued users in countries where these languages are spoken, but so far we are not able to offer avast to them in their own language. It is for that reason that we are seeking volunteer speakers of these languages, to work with us on making avast available to as many users as possible in their own native language.

h.r_a

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
I was really shocked when I read you want to translate avast to Farsi :o
I am interested in helping you with persian (Farsi) ;D
I'm a native Farsi speaker....
Thanks

comsats

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 11:48:08 AM »
well i can speak Hindi and urdu very well because urdu is my mother language and hindi is same as urdu.
and my english is great too  :P ;D

i2imran

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 10:48:43 PM »
hindi is same as urdu

To begin with sorry to disappoint you pal; Hindi is similar to Urdu nonetheless precisely not as same, having Indian roommates and friends most of my life I can attest to this, perhaps our Indian users in here can also chime in to clear the air. Secondly, I'm certain you can't write Hindi, this is what it takes to translate avast! into Hindi.

Currently, I'm translating Avast! into Urdu and I'm almost halfway through.  ;)

All the best,

Salman
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:28:19 AM by i2imran »

robinson

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 03:53:23 PM »
I am a native Hindi speaker and writer, and I would very much like to contribute towards this initiative. I have no experience with Passolo but I am sure I will be able to understand it, as tinkering with software is my passion. I am a long time user of avast and hence I know the product functionality completely.
Hi Ravi - can you confirm whether you've received my emails,the last one on 22nd June, or maybe they've been delivered to your spam folder? I look forward to hearing back from you :)

swarnava

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 06:44:16 PM »
how i participate in this translation group?i posted many days ago..i am fluent hindi and bengali speakers..also i can say many launguage

robinson

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »
I'm pleased to confirm that avast has now been localized into Urdu and the latest beta version of the program including the Urdu language pack can be downloaded here:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=63151.0

Many thanks to i2imran for providing the Urdu translation.

We are continuing to localize avast into Hindi, although we lost contact with the original translator and have recently had to start over again but we hope that avast will also be available to download in Hindi in the not too distant future.

Offline krypton

• Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 11:35:59 PM »
Hello-
We are looking for volunteers to join the avast! translation community and help us translate avast! into these new languages.

If you are a native speaker of one of these languages, with good English, and you would like to work with us to localize avast! into your language, we would be very pleased to hear from you. Please also let us know for how long you have been using avast! and whether you consider yourself a “regular” or “expert” user.

The program is localized using special localization software called Passolo.  It would therefore also be useful if you can let us know if you have any previous experience of using Passolo or any other translation software.

Thank you in advance. We look forward to hearing from you!

hello

i can translate in hindi language.

i speak this language in my home and my city so i can do this.i know 4 languages and one language is sanskrit which i know little.
LAPTOP: LENOVO G50, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HARD DISK, AVAST PREMIUM SECURITY 2020, WINDOWS 8.1

m_abbas25

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 01:32:21 PM »
It is good to have translation in Urdu but the problem is the fonts are quite not right use Jameel Noori Nastaleeq
thanks

ajmal

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 11:42:36 AM »
i am ajmal weyal from Afghanistan and i am a native speaker of pashto language and my english is good if can help i will be great full to have avst in my own language .let me know about

alviro

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 10:12:16 PM »
hi
m using avast for over 5 yrs and it will be my great pleasure to work for avast team and its translation program.....
i can translate avast in hindi version as i m native speaker of this language
i have no experience of passolo but will work on that if necessary........

thanks
will be waiting for a reply

saeed2rele

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 12:27:12 PM »
Hi guys
I can translate it to Persian language.

sonaraghu

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 02:36:50 PM »
I'm a resident of India. I think its good to translate in important indian languages displayed in google india page. so better try to get volunteers for translating in all those languages. The language list in google are Hindi,Bengali,Marathi,Tamil,Telugu,gujarathi,kannada,malayalam & punjabi.Since india's big country,it'll be helpful. I can help translate in Tamil,as i'm fluent in both Tamil & English.If you wanna translate to tamil,Contact me at my mail.

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 09:54:56 AM »
Well I think the translation for Hindi is being carried out for 1 year has not been completed yet.. Can somebody tell us the reason ??? Why so late? India is one of the major software service provider in the world and I hope that Hindi will be delivered soon... As a avast user we want to know the answer
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
Many translation is done by volunteer - including the (future) Indian languages. So the reason is simple - the translators haven't finish the translation so far.