Author Topic: Can you translate avast! into Hindi, Urdu or Pashto?  (Read 49996 times)

vista7

Re: Can you translate avast! into Hindi, Urdu or Pashto?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2011, 04:25:37 PM »
i can help in Hindi as well as Malayalam

Glass

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 09:03:25 AM »
If Telugu is on the list, you can send me an email.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telugu_language

sonaraghu

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 01:39:22 PM »
Hi sir,
I'm an Engineering student and i'm using avast for more than 3 years and i'll come under the category of Expert user.I can help you in the Tamil translation.I don't have previous experience in passolo but i can learn it quickly.I'm sure that Tamil translation will be very effective.I want to  ::)join the avast team ::).I'm ready to help the avast team.Hope you'll reply me soon :P :P :P ;)

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 02:45:15 PM »
I think avast first be made available in national language of India i.e. Hindi and then to regional

Thanks just a opinion
Ash
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

i2imran

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 04:52:09 AM »
Well I think the translation for Hindi is being carried out for 1 year has not been completed yet.. Can somebody tell us the reason ??? Why so late? India is one of the major software service provider in the world and I hope that Hindi will be delivered soon... As a avast user we want to know the answer

Take it from a translator.

Localization of right-to-left languages is not an easy task, it took me roughly 3-4 months to finish the localization of Avast! in Urdu. For starters, you've to teach yourself a bit about Passolo (the localization software); specifically how it works for R-L languages, then there are thousands of strings (including very long sentences) to translate. Last but not least the method to input R-L languages is quite cumbersome, from a chart you've to choose A-Z and other variants of your language and subsequently join them together.

And don't forget translators volunteer for it without any remuneration and do it by taking time out of their work and other life activities.

Glass

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2011, 05:08:11 AM »
None of the Indian languages except Urdu is right to left as far as I know.

Raj.Kashyap

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2011, 02:04:28 AM »
English to Hindi

true indian

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2011, 05:39:17 AM »
English to Tamil.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2011, 11:24:50 AM »
English to Tamil.
Where in the topic title does it ask for Tamil  ??? ::)

khanjkkhan

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »
hello, i can volunteer to for translation into urdu and pashto.
My first language is Pashto and i can speak and understand both urdu and pashto.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
Hello-
We are looking for volunteers to join the avast! translation community and help us translate avast! into these new languages.

If you are a native speaker of one of these languages, with good English, and you would like to work with us to localize avast! into your language, we would be very pleased to hear from you. Please also let us know for how long you have been using avast! and whether you consider yourself a “regular” or “expert” user.

The program is localized using special localization software called Passolo.  It would therefore also be useful if you can let us know if you have any previous experience of using Passolo or any other translation software.

Thank you in advance. We look forward to hearing from you!

Hello. I can translate Avast! to kazakh lang. When I can start and how?
Where does avast ask that they want kazakh language  ???

Offline div_dib

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 10:08:10 AM »
Hello-
We are looking for volunteers to join the avast! translation community and help us translate avast! into these new languages.

If you are a native speaker of one of these languages, with good English, and you would like to work with us to localize avast! into your language, we would be very pleased to hear from you. Please also let us know for how long you have been using avast! and whether you consider yourself a “regular” or “expert” user.

The program is localized using special localization software called Passolo.  It would therefore also be useful if you can let us know if you have any previous experience of using Passolo or any other translation software.

Thank you in advance. We look forward to hearing from you!

Hindi!!!