Author Topic: Hilarious Incident on My iPod Touch  (Read 4910 times)

BRANDONN2008

Hilarious Incident on My iPod Touch
« on: May 18, 2010, 10:03:31 PM »
So I was browsing one night, when a message popped up saying I was infected and some antivirus would scan my "computer" for viruses. Afterwords a Windows screen came on and showed a rogue program scanning, even though it's my iPod! Below are three snapshots of it in progress.

Hermite15

Re: Hilarious Incident on My iPod Touch
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 11:48:23 PM »
so what happened exactly, the rogue got through from your ipod, then you allowed it to scan your computer ( ??? ) ...and it may well have infected the PC now, you find that funny...or am I missing something here... what happened next?

spg SCOTT

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 12:49:42 AM »
I have seen this before...exactly the same but in Linux ;D

basically it tells you that you are infected and then gets you to downlad 'antivirus' or something like that which is the virus...which would then pretend to remove said threats...(so possibly a rogue)

nothing specific to the iPod, it is the site...(I think)

BRANDONN2008

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 01:45:23 AM »
so what happened exactly, the rogue got through from your ipod, then you allowed it to scan your computer ( ??? ) ...and it may well have infected the PC now, you find that funny...or am I missing something here... what happened next?

You misunderstood. It was all on my iPod, which was why it was so funny. It acted like it was scanning my computer, even though it wasn't my computer.

Hermite15

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »

You misunderstood. It was all on my iPod, which was why it was so funny. It acted like it was scanning my computer, even though it wasn't my computer.

lol okay :-X I was misleaded by the front XP like screen shot , thought it was all XP. I should have looked closer ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:22:06 AM by Logos »

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 12:40:29 PM »
It's a little-known fact that Apple and Linux (and indeed Vista and Windows 7) are, despite all claims to the contrary, really just heavily rebranded rip-offs of Windows XP. Malware writers, the crooks that they are, are in on the conspiracy, and know this well, which is why their scam AV scans do not discriminate between operating systems.

:P
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 06:16:38 PM by FreewheelinFrank »
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 05:16:13 PM »
LOL

spg SCOTT

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
It's a little-known fact that Apple and Linux (and indeed Vista and Windows 7) are, despite all claims to the contrary, really just heavily rebranded rip-offs of Windows XP. Malware writers, the crooks that they are, are in on the conspiracy, and know this well, which is why their scam AV scans do not discriminate between operating systems.

:P

I didn't think this is OS dependant...I thought it was simply scripts running in the browser... ???

doktornotor

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 07:07:03 PM »
So, did you buy the mighty webantivirus?  :D ;D