Author Topic: A New Orange Icon Has Presented Itself on My TaskBar  (Read 13528 times)

Hermite15

Re: A New Orange Icon Has Presented Itself on My TaskBar
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 08:28:18 PM »
For anyone else who has had a similar problem - I just found out that if you go into settings and CHECK the show icon box, save and go back into settings and uncheck it - this will remove the icon from the taskbar.

Good luck to anyone needing actual help here.

you're doing that purposely, right?...if not I feel sorry for you :(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 08:31:42 PM »
1. For anyone else who has had a similar problem - I just found out that if you go into settings and CHECK the show icon box, save and go back into settings and uncheck it - this will remove the icon from the taskbar.
2. Good luck to anyone needing actual help here.

1. This is indeed no problem at all..!!! (Your solution is that one, Logos posted before..!!!)
2. What do you mean..?? Everyone on this topic tried to help you...!!! It's your problem, if you don't get the obvious... ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

doktornotor

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
Some people just love wasting other people's time, huh? ??? :o :(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 08:53:33 PM »
Some people just love wasting other people's time, huh? ??? :o :(

It seems so... :(
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

spg SCOTT

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 09:32:29 PM »
I think this may have been misread...the way I read the posts here, it seems as though, even with the setting UNchecked the icon appeared.

What ever caused this I don't know, but the action of checking and then uncheck it, must have corrected the error.

Some of you lot seem to be so ready to argue with people at the moment... ::)

Offline wonderwrench

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 10:14:18 PM »
Are we watching as the world turns or the guiding light. If only mods did their jobs. I'm sick of these two!
I say if you can't be polite get the f'out!

my 2 cent's
Main Box*i7 930*GB X58A-UD3R*3x4 gig Patriot DDR3 1600 EL*EVGA GTX 460 1 gig*Intel X25-M G2 80 gig*WD 2TB Green*ASUS DRW-24B3LT*Samsung SH-S223L*LG WH14NS40*Corsair AX750*Rosewill Challenger case*Windows 8 Pro 64 bit*Avast 8 Free 8.0.1482*MBAM Pro*Firefox 19.0.1*NoScript

Hermite15

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 10:33:01 PM »
Are we watching as the world turns or the guiding light. If only mods did their jobs. I'm sick of these two!
I say if you can't be polite get the f'out!

my 2 cent's

well if you feel sick >>> you're welcome to get the f'out first ;D

Offline wonderwrench

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 11:35:50 PM »
I just won 20 bucks! thanks!
Main Box*i7 930*GB X58A-UD3R*3x4 gig Patriot DDR3 1600 EL*EVGA GTX 460 1 gig*Intel X25-M G2 80 gig*WD 2TB Green*ASUS DRW-24B3LT*Samsung SH-S223L*LG WH14NS40*Corsair AX750*Rosewill Challenger case*Windows 8 Pro 64 bit*Avast 8 Free 8.0.1482*MBAM Pro*Firefox 19.0.1*NoScript

Hermite15

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 11:38:26 PM »
I just won 20 bucks! thanks!

you're welcome ::)

ManyQs

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 11:50:52 PM »
My goodness, this is the second thread since I logged on 30 or so minutes ago I've read that seems to have a negative vibes sound to it. The first I could understand. There were clear warning flags that the OP wasn't doing things all that right.

Here I can't say as it seems so clear.

When one sees a member has less than 10 posts you can figure on some communications problems as being a possibility. I'd say that means a tad bit more patience needs to kick in. It's true that sometimes what appears obvious to an experienced person may not always appear just as obvious to the new folks.

Heck, what do I know. Just seems that a bit of patience in this 'I-wanna-help-you' business can go a long way.

Hermite15

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »
@ ManyQs : and you might be missing this >>> these two threads have one thing in common, i.e. the OP is ignoring the answers of those posting a solution ::)

ManyQs

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 12:19:23 AM »
@ ManyQs : and you might be missing this >>> these two threads have one thing in common, i.e. the OP is ignoring the answers of those posting a solution ::)

I'm not sure if you are understanding the reference I made to an earlier thread on which I posted. Unfortunately, that thread is now gone. Hope that wasn't done because of what I wrote.

But that thread really was much different from this one. That one had red flags all over.

This one, well ... "ignoring the answers" might also mean the OP doesn't understand the answer. I mean, it's just a thought. Not trying to start any trouble. Just the opposite, trying to show new members that "ignorance" isn't going to get you a boot up the butt.

Maybe another way to put this is that sometimes it gets hard to remember what it was like way-back-when and we didn't know nothing. What's obvious to us now ain't so obvious to some folks. It's very hard to keep that in mind all the time when you have been at it all day and you're getting tired, etc.

Aw heck, I'm probably just making things worse here, eh? Sorry.

doktornotor

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 12:24:23 AM »
Was it really needed to revive this thread?  ;)

Generally, this forum would benefit from some sticky posts with guidelines for stuff that's getting asked here over and over again. Also should include basic guideliness for people seeking help, such as - what information is required in new post if you need help. Anyway, a new thread please. This one would better die.

ManyQs

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 12:44:57 AM »
Ah man, this is what I mean. "Revive" I don't get. Okay, so it's a tech forum, but a thread that is less than a day or two old really isn't "dead" is it?

But more to the point, I get the impression that I am being informed that there is no validity to what I've written here.

I'm not trying to flame anybody. I just think that very new people on the Net may be experiencing the ins-and-outs of a forum for the first time -- just set up a new computer and installed anti-virus software -- and they see some of the negative vibes being tossed out and they go, "WOW, maybe I don't want to be here."

I apologize if it appears I'm trying to flame someone. I really, really didn't mean to come across that way.

doktornotor

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 12:58:15 AM »
Ah man, this is what I mean. "Revive" I don't get. Okay, so it's a tech forum, but a thread that is less than a day or two old really isn't "dead" is it?

This thread would generally be better left dead even after one day. A prime example of things going downhill very fast because the OP has show absolutely no effort to solve a "problem" himself and the first post generally includes a rather poor description of what the problem really is. Once again - there are well-established guideliness which would avoid all of this, described e.g. here.

But more to the point, I get the impression that I am being informed that there is no validity to what I've written here.

You've misunderstood me. Suggestions would be welcome on a new thread, because a thread called "New Orange Icon Has Presented Itself on My TaskBar" is hardly a suitable place to debate improvements to this forum.