Author Topic: Window 7 Sidebar  (Read 3414 times)

mntlvr

Window 7 Sidebar
« on: May 15, 2010, 08:28:19 PM »
Installed Avast Internet Security 5.0.545 today , after reboot found to my dismay , my sidebar gadgets stopped working. Has anyone else had this issue with Avast and Windows 7 32bit?
Now I have Installed the very same version of Avast on my 64bit version of Windows and the sidebar works just fine. Appears to be local to Win 7 32bit only. Now both operating systems are on the very same machine and on the very same drive if that helps.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:35:56 PM by mntlvr »

Hermite15

Re: Window 7 Sidebar
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 08:42:52 PM »
Installed Avast Internet Security 5.0.545 today , after reboot found to my dismay , my sidebar gadgets stopped working. Has anyone else had this issue with Avast and Windows 7 32bit?

okay, I'm on the 64 bit version and no such issue here, at least not related to Avast. There was an issue with gadgets not being displayed off and on during the beta testing of W7, it still happens sometimes, rarely. That's related to something about the gadgets getting locked in the registry. I don't remember what exactly. I've had this again today, just following a reboot. No big deal really, don't try to put the gadgets again on the desktop when it happens. Just log out, and back in. Sorry I don't remember at all what triggers this behavior. I could make it happen purposely with the beta and RC of Seven. It's just a minor Windows bug.

edit: I remember now, it use to happen all the time when UAC was off. It now still happens, rarely, with UAC on  ;D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:45:40 PM by Logos »

YoKenny

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 08:43:52 PM »

mntlvr

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 08:59:36 PM »
Thanks fellas for the reply but remember it all worded just fine prior to Avast 5.0.545. So I am not sure I wish to "change" anything until a fuller explantion of issue is received.