Author Topic: Avast bloked one exe  (Read 2467 times)

Forkam

Avast bloked one exe
« on: June 17, 2010, 09:46:54 PM »
Avast started to block all the time one of my exe.
Tried setting/exclusions...didn't work.
I feel really frustrated. Is one of my preferred games.
Could you tell me how turn off for a time Avast??
Thank you.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast bloked one exe
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 10:13:04 PM »
The exclusions do work the Settings Exclusions only work for on-demand scans and not 'all scans' as the UI and documentation state, the File System Shield is what is alerting and it is in that which you need to add the exclusion.

However, you should first confirm the detection or otherwise before exclusion:
You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings here the URL in the Address bar of the VT results page. You can't do this with the file securely in the chest, you need to extract it to a temporary (not original) location first, see below.

Create a folder called Suspect in the C:\ drive. Now exclude that folder in the File System Shield, Expert Settings, Exclusions, Add, type (or copy and paste) C:\Suspect\* That will stop the File System Shield scanning any file you put in that folder.

If only GData and avast detect it - GData uses avast as one of its two scanners so counts as 1 detection and almost certainly an FP.
Send the sample to avast as a False Positive:
Open the chest and right click on the file and select 'Submit to virus lab...' complete the form and submit, the file will be uploaded during the next update.

- In the meantime (if you accept the risk), add it to the exclusions lists:
File System Shield, Expert Settings, Exclusions, Add and
avast Settings, Exclusions

Restore it to its original location, periodically check it (scan it in the chest), there should still be a copy in the chest even though you restored it to the original location. When it is no longer detected then you can also remove it from the File System Shield and avast Settings, exclusions lists.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Forkam

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 03:42:20 PM »
Thank you very much for your answer , but you didn't tell me the moust important that i asked you.
How to turn off for a time Avast. I didn't find any button to do this.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 04:13:36 PM »
You don't have to turn it off if it is for one file exclusion of that file in the file system shield, expert settings ends your problem.

That is preferable to disabling avast completely.

But your system, your risk, your choice:
Have you ever used the right click on the avast icon, you will be surprised what you find there, see image. That however, stops everything a big hole in security, open the avastUI, File System Shield and that too has a Stop option, see image2. I suggest you spend some time using the avastUI looking through it and see what is available to you.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security