Author Topic: ADNM - Unable to Login, Possible licensing issue?  (Read 16284 times)

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: ADNM - Unable to Login, Possible licensing issue?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 06:15:37 PM »
Well, that was helpful fsoer2010.  ::)
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 07:36:24 PM »
Now here's something funny...

I'm now having the exact same problem as you Dave N.

The only difference is that I was just renewing for 3 years instead of a first install.

I guess I'll have to take my own advice and reinstall again.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

youngboy815

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 07:45:41 PM »
I had to actually move the license.dat file to C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Management Tools\Data then restart the avast management server service in order for it to work.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 07:20:21 PM »
Turns out my license was just purchased incorrectly (again) and I am now going through a reseller in the US for my next purchase.

kanin01

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 08:37:44 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem. The ADNM does not allow me to log in with the Administrator log in details specified in the manual - heres what I have tried and the conclusion I have come to.

* AMS Tool, can connect fine to our local SQL database with sa
    * Database can be created/deleted etc no problem
    * License file specifies we have 26 licenses remaining, file is also located in relevant DATA folder
    * Administrator/admin is not the issue.

The reason I am unable to log into the ADNM is most likely due to the "avast! Management Server" service refusing to run with error: 2147418125 - which, with a little research I found was a result of some licensing condition not being fulfilled.

Now, so far other solutions Apple MC374LL AHewlett Packard WH202UA ABAToshiba PSLU6U 00G001,
Dell i1564 8634OBK,  Hewlett Packard WA691UA ABAto this problem found on this very forum have not been successful. I have contacted our seller via email to see if he has any information for me, but since AMS Maintenance Tool confirms that the license is valid and working, I am wondering if there is some sort of bug preventing the service from recognising its validity.

Specifications for server:
Windows Server 2003 SP2 x64
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 x64
Primary usage as RAID configured active directory server.