Author Topic: Avast stops  (Read 7195 times)

wa0goz

Re: Avast stops
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 08:03:18 PM »
The good news is that I don't see any harmfull things.
The bad news is that you have a lot of things loading at boot time/running that are not needed.
Fix all lines that I post here with HijackThis.
Reboot after doing so and run HJT again.
If there are still things from the list (Most likely services), disable them

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe"RoxioDragToDisc
"Part of Roxio EasyCD Creator 6.0 - places the Roxio Drag-to-Disc icon in you system tray. ""Easily drag and drop files for burning to CD or DVD. Disc formatting and burning will happen automatically"". Not required for Roxio to work properly"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinVNC] "C:\Program Files\RealVNC\WinVNC\WinVNC.exe" -servicehelper
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tweak UI] RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakMeUp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PDF Complete] "C:\Program Files\PDF Complete\pdfsty.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ADUserMon] C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Drive Icons] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Deskup] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\deskup.exe /IMGSTART
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: PDF Document Manager (pdfcDispatcher) - PDF Complete Inc - C:\Program Files\PDF Complete\pdfsvc.exe

As I said before, I got rid of these but what do these have to do with Avast stopping on me please?  I'm confused. 

avast4me25

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 08:39:22 PM »
I am having this exact same problem so am curious if taking any of those start-ups off helped. 

My Avast seems to be quitting randomly, with the same comments under Events. 

avast4me25

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 09:04:44 PM »
Sorry, I was thinking this thread showed the events.  Here are the three that mine show when Avast stops, and I'm wondering if the OP gets the same showing under the Event viewer:

The avast antivirus service terminiated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

The avast Mail scanner service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

The avast Web Scanner service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

All three events show an Event ID of 7034, and all have as the source "Service Control Manager."

Seems to stop every couple hours or so.  Hopefully this shouldn't have been started under another thread, since it is the same problem.

And hopefully someone knows how it might be fixed. 

YoKenny

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 12:08:40 AM »
Sorry, I was thinking this thread showed the events.  Here are the three that mine show when Avast stops, and I'm wondering if the OP gets the same showing under the Event viewer:

The avast antivirus service terminiated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

The avast Mail scanner service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

The avast Web Scanner service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

All three events show an Event ID of 7034, and all have as the source "Service Control Manager."

Seems to stop every couple hours or so.  Hopefully this shouldn't have been started under another thread, since it is the same problem.

And hopefully someone knows how it might be fixed. 
Please use NEW TOPIC to start your own thread as it becomes complicated for the helpers and helpers.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=post;board=2.0