Author Topic: windows 7 64bit  (Read 3054 times)

SonicD

windows 7 64bit
« on: May 21, 2010, 07:41:44 AM »
i'm currently running windows 7 64bit and i'm thinking about switching to avast internet security 5 i have 2gb of ram and i was wondering if it will slow down my laptop?

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: windows 7 64bit
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 08:03:50 AM »
Depends what internet security was on it before.
Normally, compared with most of the others, I'd say that by installing Avast compared to, say, Norton360, it will probably perform better.
Compared to a virgin laptop with no security installed, you may notice a very slight reduction in performance.

All conjecture on my part, based on experience with XP, Vista, and forum reports generally.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

SonicD

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 08:16:21 AM »
I have ESET smart security 4 so i was wondering if avast internet security 5 would be better or should i stay with ESET

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 09:05:30 AM »
I have ESET smart security 4 so i was wondering if avast internet security 5 would be better or should i stay with ESET

Hi,

You may trial AIS 5.0 first and see the difference things if compared with ESET smart security 4.0.

I already installed AIS 5.0 at my other notebook with spec Intel Celeron and 256 MB RAM, and running smooth.

cheers,
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 09:24:27 AM »
Users of Eset sometimes report slowdowns, and sometimes report that all is well. Darned if I know why some installations seem to work well on some computers but not others.
I can say with all honesty that Avast has not caused any problems/slowdowns on mine.
If you choose to trial Avast (good idea) it would be wise to fully uninstall the Eset program first, and run its uninstaller, which is directly linked here, from [urlhttp://uninstallers.blogspot.com/]this page.[/url]
For some reason the associated Eset knowledge-base is not available at this time.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.