Author Topic: How do I uninstall?  (Read 4604 times)

drgero

How do I uninstall?
« on: July 16, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »
I downloaded Avast! from Cnet.com to see what it was like but I don't want it anymore, how do I uninstall it? when I go to Add/Remove Programs it says error can't find something and won't let me do anything else with it. I went to where I installed it but it won't let me delete most of the files, I only have the demo how do I get rid of it?
                                                                                  ???

S.Z.Craftec

Re:How do I uninstall?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 12:10:44 PM »
OK, go here:

http://www.avast.com/eng/download/programs/avast_uninstall_util.html

Download AVClear.exe uninstall utility and follow instructions...

I'm sorry you found this program not-useful. This AV is the best of the best, as well as technical support you will ever find. Free product with completely free phone, mail and phone support. Skinable application, and best of all, it keeps you 100% protected from outside pests. Program updates are very often, but best of all is how often you'll see iAvs updates... sometimes even twice a day...

...but, free country, of course it's your choice... most likely your  loss...  ;)

Take care

Cheers !
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 12:11:20 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 02:33:57 PM »
When I go to Add/Remove Programs it says error can't find something and won't let me do anything else with it. I went to where I installed it but it won't let me delete most of the files, I only have the demo how do I get rid of it?

This is mostly a conflict problem... Do you have any other antivirus installed in your computer? Can you uninstall it, try to repair avast installation and, if you want, uninstall it after all?  ::)
The best things in life are free.

drgero

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 06:55:35 PM »
Thanks  S.Z.Craftec! If my current Anti-Virus software (PC-cillin) gives me any more grief I might switch back, until then I’m content.

P.S. Thanks for the speedy response!  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 08:11:22 PM »
My current Anti-Virus software (PC-cillin)

Just to know, did you install avast after uninstalling PC-Cilin or not?
Was my first assumption right or wrong? Thanks.
The best things in life are free.

drgero

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 09:18:46 PM »
I uninstalled PC-cillin before installing Avast! and now that Avast! is gone I reinstalled PC-cillin.