Author Topic: had to turn off real time shields  (Read 2611 times)

barfOroonie

had to turn off real time shields
« on: May 21, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »
just updated to the new version of Avast and I cant access anything on the internet. Web browsers (IE and Firefox) both say no internet connection. I had to turn off the all the Real Time shields in order to access email and web browsing. so now I have no real time virus protection...

are there any custom settings I should know about or is this some kind of system glitch?

Thanks
B

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: had to turn off real time shields
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »
do you have a firewall ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 12:02:13 AM »
You don't have to turn off 'all' the real time protection, the Mail Shield and Web Shield are enough, leaving a last line of defence, the File System Shield.

What is your firewall ?
Does it allow avastSvc.exe internet access ?
- If it does delete the entry for it, check your email and reconnect to the internet, this should force the firewall to ask permission again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 03:14:31 AM »
I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.