Author Topic: AVG internet secuirty 9.0 ou Avast Internet secuirty 5.0?  (Read 10531 times)

Mr.Agent

Re: AVG internet secuirty 9.0 ou Avast Internet secuirty 5.0?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 10:44:01 PM »
Those test are being old now. And i seen alot virus missed by Avira and fps.

I dont feel Avira very friendly user with his pop ups (ads) that appear when you update it.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 10:46:27 PM »
Also the scan of Avira and AVG comparing to avast! then again avast! is win.

JSN

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 11:10:56 PM »
The red umbrella marketing in my country is second best behind Kaspersky. But I still choose avast!

robinb

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 11:11:35 PM »
actually, I am a AVG reseller for 5yrs and have been using AVG for over 10yrs but I  have found with version 9.0 most of my clients have had nothing but problems with it, free or paid versions.  I have been so dissatisfied with the product to date that from now on i am only putting Avast Free for home use and Avast Pro for my business clients on in XP and some of my Windows 7 clients.  Some of my Window 7 clients I am putting on MSE only because it is easier to configure than Avast for the beginner user. There is no official forum for AVG Pro users and it just seems to me with the experience I have had they take too long to "fix" issues.
I tried Avira prior to Avast and found there are just too many false positives
robin

maxuel

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »
Yes, those test have some time right now but the one i put the link to is the last.If you look just at thenumbers Avira has abetter detection rate (Avira 99,3%; Avast! 97,3% and AVG 94,2%) -just to know, 0.03% of the sample aquals 3700 malwares-

As i said before, that´s if you just look at the numbers, the you have a lot of other things, as the pop upnotification of avira free that is really anoying.

I do not understand when you say "Also the scan of Avira and AVG comparing to avast! then again avast! is win" if you talk about scan options and the like i think you are right, but i am not sure you are talking about that.

Namaste!

Gargamel360

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 11:21:38 PM »
The red umbrella marketing in my country is second best behind Kaspersky. But I still choose avast!

Sexy Girls=A Safer Computer? ;D  This would make me mistrust instantly......still, I find myself wishing this is how they sold software where I live :D