Author Topic: Avast Heuristics Warning  (Read 3025 times)

JerryM

Avast Heuristics Warning
« on: May 25, 2010, 11:44:45 PM »
I sent an email from a yahoo account to a hotmail account. Avast Free v5 gave me this message, and did not deliver the message.
[Content-Type doesn't correspond with attachment's extension
 * Avira Online Shop.mht - message/rfc822]

How do I keep this from happening, and why did it?
Thanks,
Jerry

Hermite15

Re: Avast Heuristics Warning
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:58:55 PM »
[Content-Type doesn't correspond with attachment's extension
 * Avira Online Shop.mht - message/rfc822]

hum...should mean that you attached a file with a content that can't have the extension on it...as to prevent heuristics on the mail shield you can tweak that from the expert settings interface (see attachment check on the screen shot). But I would not advise to deactivate that. Better off deactivating the scanning of outgoing mails (I suppose you're not sending malware ;)...could happen inadvertently though... ).

ps: did you send a saved web page? (mht extension)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 12:10:12 AM by Logos »

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 12:09:52 AM »
I just tried to send a mail with a similar attachment (mht saved page from IE) from Gmail to hotmail >>> no mail shield interference, but these two messages (from Thunderbird... ) (screen shot) ...
 You got a screen shot from your mail shield alert?

edit: a solution would obviously be to pack your mht file in an encrypted archive.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 12:12:57 AM by Logos »

JerryM

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:28:05 AM »
The message was as shown in OP except it included the Sender and Recipient, both of which were me.
I don't know what type extension it was.

This happened with the Free version on my laptop. It did not occur on my desktop with Pro.

Thanks,
Jerry