Author Topic: Super antispyware  (Read 14087 times)

debanjan

Super antispyware
« on: May 27, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »
Is super anti spyware a good security software or its just a bloated one???????????????

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: Super antispyware
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 07:49:44 AM »
In my experience it is a good one, and quite frequently recommended, as well as MBAM.
SAS is the larger download. I don't consider it bloated, but have no experience with the latest version.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

SafeSurf

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 07:50:57 AM »
Everyone has their own opinion on this as well as other software.  Only you can decide what is best for you and your system.  You already have MBAM, so decide from there.  Take a look at people's signatures and see what they have in their systems and research them.

JSN

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 08:15:02 AM »
I bought the SAS lifttime license for USD9.95 and personally regret it. Luckily for me it is mere under USD10, if not I will cry  :'(

I can't comment on the effectiveness of SAS as I never come across any virus as yet. I can only comment on these. Despite it has been updated several version since I bought (4.2x to current 4.38), I found these SUPERAntiConveniences :

1) the virus data update took very long (sometimes upto 15 minutes)  :-\
2) the version update (need administrator right in Vista) took my lifttime (sometimes after an hour then ... restart the update again)  >:(
3) the scanning took too long and make my Acer laptop very "hot", Acer is cheap but easy to heat I knew that.  ;)

I would recond a free version only if you would own it. Never buy it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:16:58 AM by JSN »

debanjan

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 09:36:42 AM »
thank you everybody for your reply.

debanjan

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 09:38:24 AM »
Its actually wise to decide from what others are using. And though using avast,mbam ,SAS I didn't encounter any problem till date but sometimes I get confused as there are lots of products.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 10:00:10 AM »
I'd like to draw your attention again to this post by DavidR.
The NoScript add-on for Firefox browser will prevent drive by downloads from being able to commence. Significant layer of protection, doesn't take too long to work out how to use it.
Working out how to use it generally only involves deciding what scripts are safe to run on a page, in the event the page doesn't display or function correctly.

stormer

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »
The latest version doesn't prompt for the UAC, everytime it's opened.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 04:46:48 PM »
Is super anti spyware a good security software or its just a bloated one???????????????

I have no idea what you mean by bloated, it does a specific task (anti-spyware scanner) and doesn't have multiple functions/bells and whistles ?

I have been using it for several years and purchased the one off license to give resident protection in the SAS Pro version. It works fine in conjunction with avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

robinb

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 11:18:47 PM »
and it is not a virus protection- it is an antispyware protection.  I have been using it since its conception and I put the Pro version on all my computers and all my clients computers and I never had a problem with it.  It has saved countless client's computers from reformatting their computers to get rid of trojans and spyware and it also gets rid of rootkits.  It compliments AVAST and works fine along side it.
robin

Dijidog

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 07:27:11 AM »
I love Super AntiSpyware ! It has saved 3 different laptops of mine and made me abel to perform further repairs where as before I was unable to control my computer at all. (see my earlier problem) http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=57597.0

0strodamus

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 11:32:30 PM »
I'm using SUPERAntispyware alongside avast! 5 with no issues. I haven't had it detect anything yet, so it may be overkill.  :P

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 11:40:44 PM »
Is super anti spyware a good security software or its just a bloated one??

It's quite good with some nice features but the detection rate is rather low.
So my personal opinion is: use the free version if needed...!
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

robinb

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 12:40:42 AM »
Is super anti spyware a good security software or its just a bloated one??

It's quite good with some nice features but the detection rate is rather low.
So my personal opinion is: use the free version if needed...!
asyn

I beg to differ- its detection rate is much better then any of the others i have tested out and again if you can remember to do at least scans every few days then get the free but if you cannot then you need the pro
btw i can get the pro for a very good price with free lifetime upgrades.
If anyone is interested send me an email or pm here and i will send you the link where to get it.  I will not put the price in here.
robin
robin

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 12:56:32 AM »
I think anyone can get the pro version for a one-time lifetime license fee. That fee is very reasonable. I've seen it for $19.95 IIRC.