Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

[Solved] avast is NOT updating automatically

<< < (4/6) > >>

Lisandro:

--- Quote from: DavidR on May 30, 2010, 09:19:48 PM ---The default Update, Proxy setting is Auto detect (use the IE settings), so change to No proxy if you don't already have that set and don't use a proxy.

--- End quote ---
1st situation: auto detect. Result: no automatic updates.
Actual situation: no proxy. Result: the same, no automatic updates.

DavidR:
I was just conforming what the default was really. I have no idea why this is happening as the No Proxy seting usually resolves this problem.

Lisandro:

--- Quote from: DavidR on May 30, 2010, 09:26:36 PM ---I was just conforming what the default was really. I have no idea why this is happening as the No Proxy seting usually resolves this problem.

--- End quote ---
Any other suggestion?
I hate when we do not receive help when we can't do it by ourselves.

DavidR:
Well having gone over the topic again opening the images, I didn't before, I see a glaring error (depends on your connection method) in your second image, you have the Update Parameters set to Dial-up. If you have broadband, which I think is the case then this would likely fail auto updates.

Lisandro:

--- Quote from: DavidR on May 30, 2010, 09:43:02 PM ---Well having gone over the topic again opening the images, I didn't before, I see a glaring error (depends on your connection method) in your second image, you have the Update Parameters set to Dial-up. If you have broadband, which I think is the case then this would likely fail auto updates.

--- End quote ---
Good. I'll test it. I've missed it.
But the update period should work regardless the connection type.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version