Author Topic: How do I add exceptions in the firewall?  (Read 17566 times)

MrGreen

How do I add exceptions in the firewall?
« on: May 29, 2010, 06:02:12 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm having troubles with PunkBuster and Avast! Antivirus. It seems Avast is blocking PnkBstrB.exe from running, which is required to play Bad Company 2 (my favorite game evah!). I've tried multiple things; adding the files into the Exclusions, adding it into the Application Rules under the Firewall tab, and putting it into the Windows Firewall exceptions list. None of this has done the trick, as I can see in the Firewall Logs that at the time I get kicked, something has been blocked. Is there any way to add exceptions to the Avast! firewall? Please help! I've been at this for a week! Thanks in advance.

Hermite15

Re: How do I add exceptions in the firewall?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 06:52:36 PM »
just create a new rule or modify the existing...this said, good luck, there's not much to adjust there...at least not yet ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 06:55:52 PM by Logos »

randunyogo

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 06:59:01 PM »
Set the application rule to the highest level of trust (full bars). If you are having trouble, read this.

MrGreen

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 07:03:52 PM »
I've done this, but whenever I refresh the Application Rules tab, PnkBstrB.exe is gone, but PnkBstrA.exe is still there.... I give them both full bars.

MrGreen

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 08:54:27 PM »
-bump-