Author Topic: BackDoor.Agent.2.H - Trojan  (Read 5748 times)

marpavelko

BackDoor.Agent.2.H - Trojan
« on: July 18, 2004, 12:49:21 AM »
My antivirus shield located Trojan in c:/System Volume Information folder. When I tried to go inside of this folder, warning message "acess denied" was shown. I marked  "Turn off setup" in system restore option and rerstarted comp due to instruction found on web. I did in in safe mode too, but I wasnt successful. Folder "System Volume Information" is still closed. How can I go to this folder or how can I clean virus from this folder?  

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:BackDoor.Agent.2.H - Trojan
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 12:51:15 AM »
Disable system restore, reboot and tell us if you still get that infection message.

marpavelko

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 02:48:06 AM »
What I did. I market option "Turn off system restore" ---> Aplly ---> OK, then restart. I tried to go to folder "System Volume information". System shown me message "Access is denied". Is it normal?  

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 02:53:04 AM »
Yes that is perfectly normal. Under normal conditions you don't have to go in that folder. The System Volume Information folder is a hidden, system folder that the System Restore tool uses to store its information and restore points. If you need acces to it read the MS article. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309531

doodah

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 11:44:25 PM »
 ???
started with the "run avg" message - didn't help
have run norton et al
have turned off the system restore and run norton
still no luck
any ideas?  appreciate your help