Author Topic: Why Avast 5.0 is not able to eliminate Win32:Tiny-AFE forgood ?  (Read 3323 times)

Sergiobr

Hi!

I have an avast 5.0 free! installed in my laptop (Dell with Windows Vista). I run it many times and Win32:Tiny-AFE is always detected even after being excluding or removed to the "quarantine" folder. It is always back.

How can I remove Win32:Tiny-AFE definitely ?

I would be really very grateful if anyone could answer my question as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Sergiobr

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: Why Avast 5.0 is not able to eliminate Win32:Tiny-AFE forgood ?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 11:56:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum.
Please post the original full filename and path of this detection.
Please advise if there is any other security software active, and what your last antivirus was, and how it was removed.

Try downloading the free version of MBAM from [urlhttp://www.malwarebytes.org/]their homepage[/url] (blue download), installing it (as administrator) updating it, and run a quick scan.
At the completion of the scan you will be presented with a scan report, with options. Please post the scan report here.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 12:45:14 PM »
sounds like once again the best (advised) way to remove a piece of malware detected by Avast is to use another software, ie MBAM... doesn't sound too good does it ::) >>> I don't blame you for posting this Tarq, I post that too sometimes, and I don't like it.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
Posted merely as a second opinion, given the lack of anything else to go on (such as a file name/path/vt report) and as a general precaution.
I think we'd all prefer Avast removes all malware, and has no false positives.
I also think it is an unrealistic expectation.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.