Author Topic: Which of these is best for virus protection for offline computers?  (Read 4458 times)

aodhowain

1. USB Disk Security - shareware

2. Autorun Eater - freeware

3. USB Guardian - freeware

I want to know which is best and why.  Thanks.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Which of these is best for virus protection for offline computers?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 09:46:11 AM »
I personally like panda usb vaccine.

It is free, light.
Always runs in background(can be changed to manual).
Can start with windows(Can be changed to manual).
It automatically vaccinates usb keys as soon as you insert(if run in background is enabled).

I have installed on all the computers I take care of. They haven't had a problem with usb worms.

nmb

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 07:16:34 AM »
Question is really which one is better their are many different types of USB protection, and I'm no to sure about Panda USB Vaccine it still a beta version ???
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:10:18 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 09:16:11 AM »
Support for ntfs is beta, nothing else. Try using it and you will come to know which is best. You will never repent.

nmb

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 09:29:40 AM »
Support for ntfs is beta, nothing else. Try using it and you will come to know which is best. You will never repent.

nmb

Well all my USB are formatted in NTFS it seem I may have to wait a while until this is release.

Edit: Today at 7:50pm
It automatically vaccinates usb keys as soon as you insert(if run in background is enabled).

I like this idea to allow all new USB to be automatically vaccinates, and if you have any old USB you might wanted to to scan it first copy the files you need to your HD and the reformatted your USB after that run Panda USB vaccine to have all your old USB to be vaccinates.

Then copy your files back to the old or new USB, Panda say is better to scan for virus before you back any files to your HD BEFORE you vaccinate your USB.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:10:33 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 09:33:27 AM »
Well all my USB are formatted in NTFS it seem I my have to wait a while until this is release.

Oki then you can give this a shot : http://blog.trendmicro.com/how-to-maximize-the-malware-protection-of-your-removable-drives/

nmb