Author Topic: c'mon NEW AD IN PAID VERSIONS????? what the heck??  (Read 69935 times)

PapaSmurf

Re: c'mon NEW AD IN PAID VERSIONS????? what the heck??
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2010, 02:02:04 AM »
Well, it has been a hard decision, but I am afraid that I have decided to separate
myself from avast.
I can no longer be apart of childish bickering.
The posts that I made in this forum were done trying to help.
It seems that all that was done is create political upheaval.
I am currently testing competitor software. Good luck to everyone here.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2010, 02:08:30 AM »
So papa you mean you uninstall avast! ? Did i understand correctly...

ALIV

« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2010, 04:48:50 AM »
I have neither the time nor the patience to read through this 10 page thread, but I would like to state my disappointment in having an ad in my paid aIS.
I'm hoping this decision will be reviewed very carefully.

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2010, 11:02:20 AM »

And I am sure some of them did help!

Good luck to you also, and welcome back, if you will return from the dark side sometime ;D
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2010, 01:53:38 PM »
I have neither the time nor the patience to read through this 10 page thread, but I would like to state my disappointment in having an ad in my paid aIS.
I'm hoping this decision will be reviewed very carefully.
It's not an ad. It's a support (help) offer.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2010, 02:01:23 PM »
NO THIRD PARTY SUPPORT or ADS IN MY PAID VERSION.
Nobody wants it. It's not an ad. It's a support offer.

As far as running a company I think he could very well and sad to say it takes someone from Symantec to screw up a good thing. Thus why I have not used or recommended Norton home products for well over 7 years.
Vince is NOT making anything Symantec-like here. On contrary.
The best things in life are free.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2010, 02:47:32 PM »
Well, it has been a hard decision, but I am afraid that I have decided to separate
myself from avast.
I can no longer be apart of childish bickering.
It seems that all that was done is create political upheaval.

I don't really think PapaSmurf and other people complaining and don't fully understand it was only a trial and it not an AD it only a support offer or what every being added like Third party support, let them choose their own path way nobody at Avast cannot make people choose which anti-virus software works better if they like Avast that great and if you don't like they don't have to used the product.

There no restrict rule here saying choose avast we are the best.

I'm sure you can what I'm trying to say you cannot make Avast to choose whatever you want and how you like to run the Avast software......Why you are not the CEO, Director, Manager, Marketing Manager, Engineers, etc etc, Avast do have their own right to run the company, business and their softwares. As clearly written by the CEO and Vlk it was only a TRIAL not an AD it only a support offer.

Vlk doesn't have a problem by adding a small add-on tool to turn off the Marketing AD etc etc in the paid version, IF he does go ahead as plan for the next up version problem is solved yeeeeaaaaaaaah  and it done.

If I get a s**t loads (sorry) of marketing AD in the Avast free version it doesn't bother me at all, Avast do have their own right to run a business, marketing, support etc etc and clearly not you please wake up yourself.

Sorry if I had upset anybody reading this
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 03:37:29 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

zfactor

« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2010, 03:26:30 PM »
if it was just for the first 30 days and that was all it was advertising i would be (well prob) more okay with it. but its advertising a third party SUBSCRIPTION that they want you to pay for. and out of 4 people that called them to test it 3 were practically bullied and one was just sorta pushed while that was not as bad they still were pretty pushy my sister said.

i have blocked it in the avast firewall for now its the avast ui choice btw as mentioned prior and that seems to work great and i dont see any problems with it updating or anything. all functions seems to be fine. why the ui needs to call out imo is beyond me. i can understand if there was some real time virus monitor showing things like what some av's have.

either way if they do fix it (hopefully soon) with a help tab or button to turn it off ill accept that no problem. i have not yet removed avast and im trying to wait patiently i just hate that thing in there.

and why is it that the newer ad i only received in SOME of my 12 installs. where the original one i had in ALL of them???? just curious there

GloobyGoob

« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2010, 04:39:58 PM »
You guys keep bringing up the same complaints, that avast technicians should offer support and not third parties, that you don't want ads. Well Vince and Vlk already addressed that. Most of the time people need help with NON-TECHNICAL issues/issues that can be easily solved, like installing. You don't need to know everything about the product to help with that. The "ad" is fixed, it is no longer a banner, and there is even going to be a check box to turn it off!

While I don't really approve of this idea, I don't disapprove of it either, as long as the Avast Team continues their excellent work for these great products. ;) 

ALIV

« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2010, 08:53:47 PM »
It's not an ad. It's a support (help) offer.

This is an ad/offer (same thing) for paid technical support.
They are marketing to their PAID customers.
It is an ad.
They are advertising this technical support.
Really bad move.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »
1. Well, it has been a hard decision, but I am afraid that I have decided to separate
myself from avast.
2. I can no longer be apart of childish bickering.
3. The posts that I made in this forum were done trying to help.

1. Sorry about that... :( Isn't that a step a little bit too extreme..?
2. I tend to ignore the bickering..! ;)
3. Yes. Sure. You tried and did help, so why do you give up because of a little discussion..??
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

CoBfan1987

« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2010, 09:14:16 PM »
I'm on avast pro. no ads here. never have ever seen any.

YoKenny

« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »
1. Well, it has been a hard decision, but I am afraid that I have decided to separate
myself from avast.
2. I can no longer be apart of childish bickering.
3. The posts that I made in this forum were done trying to help.

1. Sorry about that... :( Isn't that a step a little bit too extreme..?
2. I tend to ignore the bickering..! ;)
3. Yes. Sure. You tried and did help, so why do you give up because of a little discussion..??
asyn
There are people that are offended by anything ::)

YoKenny

« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »
I'm on avast pro. no ads here. never have ever seen any.
+1

Not even on my Windows 7 system.  ;)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2010, 09:30:03 PM »
There are people that are offended by anything ::)

It seems so, or did I miss something..??
Anyways, I hope he returns to read the comment, maybe he will change his mind, as even a smurf can't be this thin-skinned... ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0