Author Topic: c'mon NEW AD IN PAID VERSIONS????? what the heck??  (Read 69606 times)

crofty59

Re: c'mon NEW AD IN PAID VERSIONS????? what the heck??
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2010, 06:52:38 AM »
There are people that are offended by anything ::)

It seems so, or did I miss something..??
Anyways, I hope he returns to read the comment, maybe he will change his mind, as even a smurf can't be this thin-skinned... ;)
asyn

Don't think it is anything to do with being thin skinned.
He has just had enough with how a discussion, just seems to get to insulting crap instead of sticking to the subject.

Cheers

zfactor

« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2010, 07:14:13 AM »
if you are using avast internet security you can open it and go to firewall and then to application rules, then look for alwil the one called simply "avast! antivirus" (first one listed under alwil) change it to block and the ad goes away and the program still runs fine it updates and all i could not find anything that didnt work this way.

if you are using a different firewall look for the avastui and block it to stop the ads...

Hermite15

« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »
the problem in AIS is that if you block that you lose network utilities >>> geolocation  and trace route tools. In pro and free it doesn't matter obviously, as nothing there needs AvastUI to connect except the ad.

zfactor

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2010, 10:24:51 AM »
hmm i had not tried that yet ill test that out thanks

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2010, 02:48:28 PM »
Don't think it is anything to do with being thin skinned.
He has just had enough with how a discussion, just seems to get to insulting crap instead of sticking to the subject.

I also don't like this kind of discussions (the insulting ones), but I guess we all have to deal with it on an open forum, not heavily moderated...
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ALIV

« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2010, 05:33:29 PM »
Try BUYING the one of the PAID products only to be greeted with an ADvertisement all of a sudden in your PAID product and then maybe you'd feel different.  ;)

Mr.Agent

« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2010, 05:40:18 PM »
Ok guys/girls by all those comments i judge you all enought knowledge to repair a infected pc or get your own help ? For the persons who paid their product avast! give them the posibility to refer to their support partner or via his great support from his self.

So its a bonus that avast! give to his customer that dont know nothing about security or what ever ! I find them really generous for us. Seriously if you think that all of our familys or the world that know alot about computer then go in street and ask to a guy/girl if he know alot in security.

aliv @ They will be greeted by avast! and iYogi for the support offer. If i had to be a customer that dont know anything else on computer and i need help and dont know where to go then i will refer to my Support banner instead of searching to any other forum without know that avast! got a support forum,center,phone. So in meaning its show that avast! want to be generous and help you in any case that you will fear. Its show them that they are happy that you did buy their product and they are ready to HELP !

Point Final !
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:46:41 PM by Mr.Agent »

ALIV

« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2010, 05:46:49 PM »
Then put the 1-800 number at the bottom of the About page.
"Need assistance?
1-800..."

An AD on the first page though?
Unacceptable.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2010, 05:49:18 PM »
We call this a Support Banner no AD. And if you think that all customer will think to browse the UI for find where they can get assistance. Then absoluty no. Some will do but some maybe no. So if avast! put that banner then its could help them alot instead of searching in the web or product.

ALIV

« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2010, 05:57:46 PM »
Support Banner = Advertisement (for a PAID "service").
It's only free for 30 days, after that you have to PAY.
This is called marketing and aggressive marketing at that.
It's not a public service that AVAST Software is performing here, ok?
It's a sales pitch.
A marketing tool.
An advertisement.

Saying it's a Support Banner and not an Ad well..
..that's like saying a Terrorist is a Freedom Fighter.
Suppose it all depends on your perspective.

Put a "Need assistance? Call 1-800...." unobtrusively on the first page, sure, but a straight up ad complete with picture and such is a little overboard, ya think??
Yes, it was toned down some and the picture removed but it's still an AD.
You can put all the lipstick you want on this pig but fact remains it's still a pig.

Regards.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 06:00:40 PM by ALIV »

Mr.Agent

« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »
Ok so you mean that an ad that you call is a paid service then its not true there can be some free ad. That ad that you think is a paid service is for help the customer to learn more about our product and get further help if needed in any case. I never know that an ad is like this ? Its help customer ? Ok... Ad is for advertise for any costly service or product........etc. But now its not the goal of avast! they do make a banner for that the customers get maximum of help and now the customers that dont need it is pitching more them. So if you dont need it then its ok but your no alone in the world so stop thinking that your alone and think that the world know everything.

avast! is maybe actually thinking of a idea for the 30 days trial. We need to wait for that further respond. I cant say nothing else without i see an answer from them.

ALIV

« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2010, 06:18:40 PM »
That ad that you think is a paid service is for help the customer to learn more about our product and get further help if needed in any case

"To learn more about our product and get further help if needed" for a PRICE.
It's not a FREE service.
This is not in any way some charitable offering by AVAST Software.
It's not a public service as you're saying, in so many words.

It is an ADvertisement to SELL this outsourced third-party technical support and to place this AD in PAID customers' products all of a sudden is completely out of line.
If it were there before I purchased aIS I more than likely would've been put off and would've went with a competing security solution.
The fact that it's there now, after I purchased the product, is even more distasteful.
Sorry that you don't see things the same way!

Mr.Agent

« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2010, 06:25:36 PM »
avast! is maybe actually thinking of a idea for the 30 days trial. We need to wait for that further respond. I cant say nothing else without i see an answer from them.

I know its not a free but if they decide to change the 30 days to unlimited its could be nice but we need to say that the phone help is from iYogi so i dont think iYogi will want that its be free.

We need to know an answer so i dont know when steckler or any team member will come to announce that respond... So let wait.

I can say im on your side that the phone support is a bit pitching. But in another way i would rather like 30 days trial instead of 0 day...

On another way i like alot that service offer in the paid product seriously so in this way im not on your side i guess. But read again i mentioned something that is about this.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2010, 06:31:18 PM »
@ ALIV
I suggest that you look back through this long topic for the responses about it by Avast Software members as the 30 days relates to the trial that avast software is making of iyogi, if the support provided by them is up to their requirements. Then avast software would have a longer contract with iyogi and support would be provided, persumably for paid avast users for the duration of their avast application license period.

So no 30 days and you have to pay, it is 30 days in which avast will evaluate the service provided by iyogi. Then if acceptable it will be for a longer contract term for iyogi to provide support.

If you also check back in the topic you will see I'm against it being displayed in this way as no matter what happens and any amount of explaining by avast software people will consider it an ad, as you have and the greatest majority of respondents in this topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Mr.Agent

« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2010, 06:34:07 PM »
Nice post David i like it !

Its would indeed be a good move from avast! good job.