Author Topic: c'mon NEW AD IN PAID VERSIONS????? what the heck??  (Read 69609 times)

Mr.Agent

Re: c'mon NEW AD IN PAID VERSIONS????? what the heck??
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2010, 06:43:46 PM »
Im wondering for iYogi if he got something again the person who is prank call. Because we dont know maybe some 1 will call just for fun so if yes then awesome !

As like we say its a support no a prank call service....

ALIV

« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »
If the advertisement is not removed within a reasonable amount of time I intend to capitalize on the money back guarantee and move onward and upward.
Shame too because I couldn't have been more satisfied with the aIS product.
One thing I do believe is that for every vocal opponent such as myself there are at least 10x that who are equally as outraged but choose to remain silent for whatever reason.
If there were a poll though I'm sure the majority would not care as much as the outraged and outspoken ones.
Maybe the lipstick makes the pig look pretty to them or they don't mind their toes being stepped on, I'm not real sure, but I don't do pork well and I certainly won't pay for it.

I'm done addressing this particular issue on this particular forum.
I have said my peace.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2010, 06:56:20 PM »
So if you dont need it then its ok but your no alone in the world so stop thinking that your alone and think that the world know everything.

Its strange but does a support service is dangerous ? Its seem like you all fear to get killed by the support for what they offer.

Also when there no alot support you all say avast! should improve this and now you all say you dont want it. Im really confused seriously.

Then if you dont need it so dont take care of the service banner its wont kill/decrease your protection wow.

They just ask a minimum of honest from the customer for if they want help then to contact avast!...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:00:45 PM by Mr.Agent »

Antarctica

« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2010, 07:32:54 PM »
So if you dont need it then its ok but your no alone in the world so stop thinking that your alone and think that the world know everything.

Its strange but does a support service is dangerous ? Its seem like you all fear to get killed by the support for what they offer.

Also when there no alot support you all say avast! should improve this and now you all say you dont want it. Im really confused seriously.

Then if you dont need it so dont take care of the service banner its wont kill/decrease your protection wow.

They just ask a minimum of honest from the customer for if they want help then to contact avast!...

100% agree, just ignore it, that's all. This banner won't bite you anyway...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2010, 07:52:35 PM »
It's only free for 30 days, after that you have to PAY.
You do not read the CEO's posts. It's not a 30 day service, but a contract between avast and them which takes 30 days.
It's insane to discuss without rationality...
The best things in life are free.

De Hollander

« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2010, 08:29:02 PM »
A suggestion,

« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 08:38:04 PM by De Hollander »

Gargamel360

« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2010, 08:34:11 PM »
Vlk,
I still think you should move all that under the Help Center tab where it won't bother the users who don't think they need help and don't want to keep looking at the announcement.  And still should be readily accessible to those who do need help, since that is who the tab is for.

Yes, absolutely, this is still the plan (if the service proves to be useful), but this couldn't be done without a program update, so we decided to implement it as it is.

PapaSmurf

« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2010, 09:20:58 PM »
1. Well, it has been a hard decision, but I am afraid that I have decided to separate
myself from avast.
2. I can no longer be apart of childish bickering.
3. The posts that I made in this forum were done trying to help.

1. Sorry about that... :( Isn't that a step a little bit too extreme..?
2. I tend to ignore the bickering..! ;)
3. Yes. Sure. You tried and did help, so why do you give up because of a little discussion..??
asyn

In answer to #3, I prefer productive conversations with adults. There seem to be children who have managed to worm their way into the discussion. If you simply scan thru this thread, I am certain you can pick them out. In any event, it was easy enough to simply change my security footprint, and place a comparable virus scanner in place of avast. This thread proves my point. If you want customers, you must CONNECT with customers. It is the #1 rule in sales. The #2 rule in sales is "Don't let someone else run your sales". For me, the discussion is over, I have moved on.
Good luck.   

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2010, 10:36:21 PM »
For me, the discussion is over, I have moved on.
Good luck.   

I see. So, also good luck to you, PapaSmurf...!!
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Hermite15

« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2010, 12:13:50 AM »
so much fuss for nothing ::)